Weird yoyo- heist is playing responsive

Hey guys, ok so my yyf heist all of a sudden is playing responsive.?.?., I just put a new string on it, I haven’t thrown it in a few months so I picked it up last night and it’s completely responsive play. . very bizarre

2 Likes

That happened to my YYF Sage a week ago. I can play it unresponsive fine but if I give it a significant tug it will come to my hand. I have not tried to figure it out yet…

2 Likes

It is possible that this issue is created by too THICC string. Thick strings in yoyos with small gaps or super snappy pads can make it, well, responsive. Another thing that could have happened, is a bearing lock. If thinner strings wont work, maybe cleaning the bearing will.

6 Likes

Chris, are you using a Monkeyfinger Vines Phat I sent you? That may be the prob.

1 Like

Nope, regular cheap poly that came with one of my yoyos, I’m telling ya it’s weird man! Haha, I’ll make a video in a little bit

That could be the pads aren’t worn in yet, if you’re tugging it hard if any part of the string touch the silicone it’s gonna probably bind back up

May be a dirty bearing, or some oxidation. I’d start with cleaning the bearing.

Also just FYI, questions/issues like this really belong in Yo-Yo Mods and Maintenance.

4 Likes

YYF has special string for the Mighty Flea that may ship with the heist as well, normal string is easily too thick.

1 Like

Yes I have three packs of the mighty flea string cuz I own one myself, lol thank you though, I didn’t even think to try that!!

1 Like

The description says regular string is what it uses.

2 Likes

I really think you should try just cleaning the bearing.

3 Likes

I Have the same problem

If you haven’t played it “in a few months”, it could very well be that the lube has stiffened up. Clean the bearing and lightly lube (or not) to your preference.

1 Like

Nope. Heist uses regular string. I would guess you just need to clean the bearing.

5 Likes

Yeah, 4.25mm gap on the Heist vs 2.72mm for the Flea.

Thanks, I don’t like giving bad advice.

I personally am getting a Heist soon and I reckon it’s gonna be pretty dang cool!

4 Likes

Despite the size I can play it just like a full size unlike my Flea which is dead to me.

I love mine. Plus American Made!!

2 Likes