Revisiting Ed Hoponik's Fixed Axle Challenge

I missed this at the time. I’m not sure how far I would have gotten, especially with the time constraints, but I would have tried it for sure. I think it’s a great series of tricks, and a worthwhile challenge even without deadlines.

I thought it would be nice to compile them all on one thread, so that they are easier to access.

Thanks Ed!

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

Round 4:

Round 5:

Round 6:

Round 7:

Round 8:

Round 9:

Round 10:

Round 11:

Round 12:

Round 13:

Round 14:

[quote=“ed,post:1,topic:74784”]
WINNER!

Bonus 1:

Bonus 2:

This takes more effort than I realized! Work in progress…

2 Likes

Post a video(s) in this thread of yourself performing one or more of these, and I’ll add you to the wall!

Someone:
Did it all, and won!

It was so fun. Haven’t picked up a fixed in awhile; I really should.

1 Like

Yes you should! We’ve seen you imitate, now show how you innovate! …I’m sure you have, but do it more… please. ;D

Okay, so I don’t think I would have made it through the 2nd round! :-\

I got the 1st round easily within the time frame, but I think that’s only because I was already working on Trapeze and Brother Stalls. I just can finally do the Zipper stall repeater. I don’t think I would have made it in time, although it is possible the deadline would have motivated me to accomplish it.

Just shows the amazing natural talents, as well as the tenaciousness of Logi and Someone. I got the impression they were both new to this style of tricks? Mind boggling. I haven’t gone through the entire challenge, but I’m sure that’s also true of some of the other contestants.

Hard for me not to develop an inferiority complex, but I have to remind myself I’m not a competitor, and I yoyo for fun. :wink:

I started to feel a bit better, because I hit round 3 after just a few tries!

Then I looked at round 4… :o

I will get around to posting some video proof of the ones I can do.