FIXED AXLE CHALLENGE: The 9th Level of Fixed

No one had a big issue with solving the spin-math problem presented by Round 8, so ALL move right ahead. This time you’ve got 2 days to get your vids in.

SUPERFLOW.

This Alex Lozyniak trick is a true mid-school classic from the era when ball-bearings were really cementing their dominance over fixed axles with regard to mainstream play and progression. I have always found this trick to be beautiful in its simplicity. It is the quintessential “smooth repeater” and its length and string geometry present a fun challenge for fixed axle. If you don’t already know it, learn it and give me 3 reps with a flyaway dismount. Oh, and do me a favor and don’t make it look all gross and staccato. It’s called Superflow.

Tricks are due by 2pm EST 9pm EST on Tuesday 5/19.

1 Like

WHAT!? How are you doing this, Ed?

Maybe he’s possessed by some ancient yoyo legend from the past.

Give us 9 pm or I won’t have any time to tape. Are you making the contest biased against people who have jobs?

i mean… it’s inevitably going to be biased against people who have less time to yo-yo, yeah. i can’t imagine a way to structure this contest where that wouldn’t be the case. ALL of you knocked down what i felt was an even harder trick in less than 2 days.

I won’t have a chance to tape until I get off work Tuesday. I’m out now. Will be out until 4 on Tuesday. Don’t stop it early, I may get it. I wish I hadn’t posted the last trick until tomorrow, but I don’t trust my internet hookup.

It looks so simple and easy flowing and so hard to do. Again WOW!

Never heard of this trick. Time to learn.

If I was any of you guys I would do it with a bearing yo-yo first.

Nvm, got it down. Should have a vid today.

So, I hate to be “that guy,” but there were only 6 rules listed when we started this. http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,83643.0.html Number 3 says we have until Wednesday at 2:15 to complete the trick. You shouldn’t change the rules in the middle of a contest.

well, i just did. i’m sorry that’s frustrating, but i think the change reflects the ability the final four have expressed thus far.
as i explained in our pm, of the 4 players left, most have been knocking these challenges down within a few HOURS, let alone 3 days. a 3 day limit has not been a challenge to our final four in the vast majority of instances.

done. boom. i just changed them again, i guess.

i’m doing my best, yooldman, to run a fun, interesting, challenging (in fact, downright DIFFICULT), and yes, fair contest. believe me, i am PAINFULLY AWARE that in this effort i have not been able to make everyone happy.

1 Like

K I included my 2 mishaps as well. (Forgot proper dismount on 2nd try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkFxuR-KiaE&feature=youtu.be

4 Likes

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Got a bit of a signal last night and read the description.

Filmed. But didn’t have a strong enough signal to actually see Ed’s video or to upload until this morning.

Thankfully I had to go in to town and get some gas this morning so I was able to upload this. good luck everyone

3 Likes

no worries. you still hit it smoother than me (and on a clean machine). :wink:

man, you guys. so good.

Yeah I kinda cheated on the LoveJoy but I was impatient ;D

lovejoy is definitely not cheating! i’d love to see you knock these down with a no jive (cause i know you could), but tmbr is TOTALLY fair game for this. and that was preposterously quick to learn and hit that trick.

1 Like

Alrighty, I’ll try the No-Jive just for fun too! :slight_smile:

Who is left in this challenge?