How to fix flowable silicon

I poured permatex windshield and glass sealer into my yoyo and I did all the steps even waited 30 hours and then I played with it for 14 minutes and the response system flew off at like 50 mph what’s wrong I even cleaned the beaing groove

What yoyo? Maybe the response groove isn’t deep enough to hold the silicone.

Try looking here:

I’m using a node y01 and I’m pretty sure its deep enough

no no no… if you use flowable silicon, you ONLY use the flowable and fill it all the way up like a normal pad would. once you remove an old response pad, thats it… unless you use superglue or something which I dont recommend

6 Likes

The silicon is not intended to hold the response pads in place the silicone IS the response!!! Remove the response pad completely then fill the entire groove with flowable. You can use a credit card to remove excess to bring it to flush or use the rounded corner of the card to recess the silicone just a bit (my preference). Then once it’s all dry scape away any spillover left behind. DO NOT try to put the old response pad back in.

2 Likes

Why are you trying to glue the pads in? They should stay in place by themselves.

I’m using yellow monkey snot flowable silicone so I dont see the problem since its designed for yoyos

I’m not this was an old photo off how my old response pad fell out

that’s the photo of how I used the silicone but the pad just got shredded up in like 14 minutes

just did what you told me to do and the silocne shredded apart again and that’s the pic of me redoing it and yes I waited 3 days

I know as you can see I did a very bad job of explaining how the response pad broke

what silicone did you use? I’m not sure if I can see whats wrong given the picture is out of focus

He says above…

Methinks yer eyes are out of focus :wink:

he shows above

me thinks you’re color blind

I bought some Permatex red gasket maker silicone at the oreillys and it has held up for 6+ months with weekly play. I’d say the problem is the kind of silicone.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/shop/b/chemicals---fluids-16461/glues--adhesives---sealants-19861/gasket-makers---sealers-19581/166cc2694828

I was thinking of getting some of the other colors (black and clear) and trying 'em out because red looks weird against my blue Basecamp Sherpa. But I can vouch for the stability of the red high temp silicone. I even added a second layer of it in the Sherpa to make it more responsive and it has held as well.

2 Likes