How do I fix my response pad

so how come one pad broke and the other didn’t I’m using permatex windshield and glass sealer silicone and now I dont know what to do should I replace both of them or just one pad and I’m using a node y01 by magic yoyo

Can you take a picture of the tube of silicone? That doesn’t look right.

1 Like

Uploading: 16170539150167787579255669687987.jpg…and I even waited the 30 hours

2 Likes

Well it looks like the right stuff 81730, maybe you got a bad batch, IDK. Maybe someone else will chime in…

1 Like

Maybe this? Can’t help notice that it doesn’t say “flowable” on the tube and it looks like it came out very thick in his pics.

Didn’t you say you also tried Monkey Snot and this failed too @Snooplupe???

81730 is flowable. So it’s the right silicone

It looks like either a lot of air bubbles or it’s cracking apart??

How long did you let it dry for before playing?

This is how i do it

1. Remove all old silicone
  2. Add new silicone
  3. Recess or smooth out with spoon/card
  4. Wipe excess off yoyo (overflow)
  5. Let dry for 24hours
  6. Rub finger over dried silicone to remove any dried excess
  7. Put back together and play

It should look like this after recess and while it’s drying. Smooth and shinny! Little to no air bubbles.

5 Likes

Yeah

I just dis those steps is this ok

5 Likes

Looks great :smiley: you’ll have to let us know in a day or 2 how this turned out for you!

Ok twitch77

Sure hope you figure this out soon. :speak_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

That looks right. Is this how it looked the first time because it appears different than your first photo. It makes no sense why the monkey snot would be failing too.

1 Like

You I did tha exact same process for the first one

But did I LOOK the same the first time (smooth and clear like this time)? The picture of the first attempt it appears cloudy and thicker.

If it doesn’t work it may be the way you’re storing it

I’m storing the silicone in my fridge

The silicone is cloudy because I played with the yoyo

When you’re waiting for the silicone to dry are you leaving it at room temperature the entire time?

1. It’s not cloudy, from that first picture the top half looks crystalized and glassy.

2. The bottom half shows silicone breaking up in chunks, probably from not curing properly. If it did it would peel off nicely as one complete ring - similar to the slim pads you’d buy.

@AquaJoe has a perfect example of fresh “shiny” silicone. Below are 2 yoyo’s I’ve siliconed and played, these are examples of “cloudy” compared to yours they look completely different.

2 Likes

Why are you storing in the fridge? It’s RTV (room temperature vulcanizing silicone). I guess it would slow down the setting and possibly make it last longer.

I normally Just push a large nail in The tip and leave it at room temp. I’ve had silicone last a year or so like this. You could put it in a ziplock bag and remove all the air, which would also work.

I’m betting your not curing long enough and that’s why is cracking.

It’s been a day, how’s it now?