What are you doing today?

Haha thanks, but I’m not so sure about that.

3 Likes

It’s official, just gave my notice. I’ll be working until the end of the month then I’m done

7 Likes

Good luck with your future endeavors!

4 Likes

Yeah, this really seems like the type of job you just can’t do if your heart isn’t in it, and not having the support you need is just going to burn you out. It’s not just a matter of not wanting to do it, it’s a matter of not being effective when you don’t have the support.

4 Likes

You’re a good man! Some people would immediately quit without a second thought.

4 Likes

Thanks for the support guys. @MarkD @yoyo_cubicle @twitch77 @gregoryfromearth

Thanks. I couldn’t do that to this kid or his mom. I’ve worked with him for about 3 years now and his mom is one of the few parents I’ve seen actively doing what’s in her kid’s best interest.

4 Likes

Dang Durfs, I’m sorry to hear, but also…good for you for not trying to hold on to something that just isn’t working for you. Really sucks that the pay isn’t better and the support you need wasn’t ther :(.
I have mad respect for you though. Anyone with the heart to work with those in need are awesome.

And also…now you’ll not only have more money for this yoing addiction…but also more time!!
WINNING!
lol

1 Like

what am I doing today?
sitting.
reading the yoyo forms.
wanting to yoyo, but want to read the forums too…

3 Likes

My life in a nutshell.

#InternetAddict

1 Like

So I’m heavily leaning towards using my last paycheck for that job to complete my polished Wide Angle set. I’ve got the black, silver, and aqua orange fade I just need the red blue and GREEN.

Or at least get one or two of them.

2 Likes

hehe I’m a bad influence cause I’m all for people splurging and getting nice things for themselves!
I’m not so good with saving money! haha

I really think you only just need 1 more though.
Heck…you could actually just throw the others away.
The only one you need is the green.
:smiley:

1 Like

Day 2 of Japanfest. It’s a convention for Japanese culture and weeb stuff, but they also have a kendama usa booth which is really neat. Some of the people there even play yoyo lol. It’s a bit weird tho. Kendama usa is here but where is sOMETHING and YYR??

2 Likes

Both kids went backpacking with me overnight. We just went for a couple of miles, but they did great and had a blast. The seven year old loved waking up with the moon overhead to watch the sun come all the way up. We all can’t wait to go again.

6 Likes

Being sick.

Update: still sick, a family member gave me some painkillers so imma be a bit out of it today

1 Like

:frowning:

/brings Durf-Durfs a big bowl of hot delicious homemade chicken noodle soup

And by hot delicious and homemade, I mean a can of the cheap stuff nuke warm straight from the microwave…
But hey! It’s the thought that counts right?!!

Hope it’s one of those 24 hour things and that you’re feeling better by tomorrow man.

1 Like

Long post incoming-

Not only today, but the past week.

I started a small bike building/making project to pass time. Originally I was going to build one later as a graded project in school, but we have so much free time right now so why not try to make one now? As a prototype for the actual project if nothing else.

For starts I had to find a donor bike for parts/frame/things and, lucky me, a recycling center 5 minutes from school had a kids bike with 3 speeds and in pretty ok condition for 20€.

And I disassembled it

The bike I want to do is a Python recumbent, which is a low riding, center pivot, front wheel drive weirdo thing. This site has lots info about the model if you’re interested, with pictures and sciencey stuff explaining just why.

So far I’ve got to the point where the next step is welding the frame together and making a front fork.

Here’s the unwelded body with a duct tape mockup of the front fork
Real simple monoboom where it’s very apparent what I’ve used from the old bike.

And, what I did today, the front fork pieces (pic of only one as I was in a hurry to leave today)
forrkki

If people are interested in this and the future project where I have to make the whole frame without a donor bike (as per teachers demands, though I can use a donor for the hardware, just not pipes), I could make a thread dedicated to it?

9 Likes

I’m 100% interested in it. A great place for the build updates might be in our newly created “Two Wheels” thread here:

1 Like

I’m in an all-day client meeting holding in the gas I’ve had since lunch.

4 Likes

I will be sitting at my desk playing the Marios on my Switch and trolling these forums because I do not have any work to do for a change.

3 Likes

That’s real cool. I’ll go check it out. Thanks!

2 Likes