Introduce Yourself! 2024

@jhb8426 is it time to close it up and start a new one?

2 Likes

:100::fire: same experience.

1 Like

The MYY V3 yoyo is my absolute favorite. I’ve got some expensive ones but the V3 is always my go-to.
I have one set up for responsive and one unresponsive. I have really dinged up ones that I take when I leave the house.

5 Likes

My name is Kim, not always the intolerable1 like my screen name(just sometimes :sweat_smile:).
I’m a 53-year-old “Mimi.”
Probably a good 20 years ago I picked up some yo-yos for my kids Easter baskets. There were four styles and they were the, now out of business, Peter Fish from Australia. I have three kids and there were four styles so the fourth was for me. I messed around with it for a bit but too busy as a mom to get into it.
Skipping to years later, which is recently, I came across one of those yo-yos. That got me into it.
I pretty much have zero muscle memory so I suck pretty bad for how long I’ve been doing it. It’s pretty embarrassing so I won’t say how long lol. I’m teaching myself online with videos. I’m at a point that would help a lot if I had human interaction. Nonetheless, I continue it because it helps with my extreme anxiety.
I’m hoping to hit at least one meetup in Seattle soon (if they’re still meeting) but I’m intending right now to go to the competition next month on the 24th.
My favorite yo-yo is my V3. I have expensive ones but this is my favorite go-to.
Even though I don’t have anyone locally to play with, I look forward to learning and meeting other enthusiasts in this forum. :yo-yo:

22 Likes

Welcome to forums Kim!

4 Likes

Indeed Kim. Welcome. If you have looked back through this very thread you’ll find that many on here gain tremendous therapeutic relief from this silly little toy. Most of the videos you see will show people who are rather impressive in their skills, but there are still many on here who would not feel comfortable sharing their skills with the community in a video. So it can seem like everyone here can do ever trick there is with the precision and grace of…well…someone with a lot of precision and grace. :smiley: But you are, in fact, among many of meager skill so don’t feel like you should be here, or there, or anywhere. If you enjoy it, then you enjoy it. Just don’t eat the green eggs and ham. :wink::+1:

7 Likes

Like he said! I met many yoyoers on this site and made many “relationships”. You can find almost anything on here too.

3 Likes

I have gained 10x more motivation to do tricks just because my friends are getting a little irritating

3 Likes

Hello, my name is Jacob, I’ve been throwing regularly/seriously for the past 4 months or so, off and on since around 2000, I was never really serious about it til recently, I’ve been battling some serious depression and anxiety issues. When I’m throwing my Yo-Yo that’s all I’m focused on for that time which is nice. It’s really been helping me deal with everything. I’m pretty much constantly throwing in my free time these days, been focusing on cleaning up my binds today. So glad I found this forum, it’s a very cool place.

18 Likes

Welcome Mimi! My kids have a Mimi too! I wish she yoyoed :joy: glad you’re here!

3 Likes

Welcome

4 Likes

Welcome dude! This is an awesome place. Glad you made it! I got big into throwing for a lot of the same reasons as you, it sounds. Hope all is well dude. There are lots of great people here that can help with almost any and all matters, especially if they pertain to yoyo, but, also, even if they don’t, a lot of times. Never be afraid to reach out.

6 Likes

Howdy all! My name is Frank. My friends call me Frank. I’ve been throwing for a while but mostly just basic, foundational stuff to keep my hands busy. It wasn’t until recently when one of my friends told me he also throws that I actually became interested in anything more advanced than rock the cradle.

Currently throwing a MagicYoyo Crystal K2 Plus for responsive and a HKSOD xmas theme for unresponsive. Looking for a few others, particularly a RBC. My current re-ignition was coming across a Butterfly in a Cracker Barrel.

Currently, I’m working on perfecting the man on the trapeze as well as consistently being able to return a helix/UFO as well as consistently getting multiple loops.

I’m not looking to throw competitively or professionally, but just have fun and talk with other people about it

21 Likes

I’m that friend :slight_smile:
Unless he acts up, then I don’t know him at all

5 Likes

Welcome. I understand your name is Frank, and that you friends call you Frank, and I know this is gonna sound weird but I’m always coming up with names for people…so do you mind if I call you…Frank?

3 Likes

As long as we can all be up front and Frank about it :laughing:

2 Likes

Frankly…I’m not sure what you’re getting at. :nerd_face:

I’ve been perfecting the basics on and off for 20 years, so I’m with you there. welcome!

4 Likes

I’ll allow it