Introduce Yourself! 2024

I’m happy to hear I’m not the only one. I’ve seen some competitions and I don’t even have the hand eye coordination to even watch what they are doing.

5 Likes

Hey guys i used to yoyo back in the day and have just recently decieded to get back into it and get some newer unresponsive yoyos im still pretty terrible but giving it a go if theres any get togethers on long island lemme know i wouldnt mind learning in real life

13 Likes

@Inkedhoops

4 Likes

I have those phases. I have similar issues and end up getting obsessed and hyper focused. It keeps me relaxed.

1 Like

No green eggs and ham . :heavy_check_mark::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey all, first post here! I was fairly active over on the r/throwers Reddit like 7 years ago, and I bought a few yoyos on the BST here under a username which revealed a little too much personal info… but I never actually posted anything. Anyways I’ve got the bug again and I’m looking forward to talking yoyo. Here’s a combo I’ve been working on.

19 Likes

Welcome. There is something a little special, I think, about the feeling you get when you pick up a yo-yo again for the first time in years, and come to a newfound appreciation of them. Remembering them fondly and yet appreciating them even more than ever. Have fun and welcome again

6 Likes

And that combo was very nice!!

4 Likes

Awesome tricks man, I can’t wait to see more of your combos! And welcome back! I took a long break from regularly throwing as well and just got back into it the last several months and it’s great to be back.

2 Likes

Thank you @Slestak75 and @Sgt1yoyo1! You’re both on point, it is great to be back. Every time I throw a yoyo for the first time in a while, I feel the same magic that I did when I was a kid. And that feeling is so refreshing.

6 Likes

Hey y’all, my name is Patrick, I’ve been throwing off and on (mainly off) for a few years now and I’m finally getting back into it. My gf and I got some Duncan Butterflies on a whim for her kids as stocking stuffers, and we both wound up having a blast so we got a Hornet and some Butterfly XTs locally and I ordered some throws to get into unresponsive play.

My other hobbies/passions are music and skateboarding. I also like video games, mainly retro stuff and Nintendo IP. I play in some rock bands and also do electronic music, I’ve been skating for 20 years, but I live in the Midwest so I don’t get to do it year round. Yo-yoing kind of scratches the same itch of working on new tricks and focusing on something besides my phone when it’s harder to get outside. I’m still very much a beginner, but I’m learning new stuff every day and throwing whenever I can.

16 Likes

Awesome. Welcome. I know there are many here who share many interests with you.

3 Likes

Any other musicians feel free to reach out! I love talking gear and finding new music!

5 Likes

You’re in luck! Musicians Unite! - #102 by NitroBobby916

And welcome to the forums! We’re glad you’re here!

6 Likes

Yep, there are a few musicians that I know of. @Joe77 is another, but he’s really good. Much better than I am…also has excellent taste in throws :grin:.

Welcome to the forums

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

1 Like

Dude! Nice work!

Welcome to the forums

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

2 Likes

HAHA! I don’t know about that. But, thanks! :smile:
I do enjoy playing music and trying out all kinds of different throws!

And yea! @thurbermingus Always down to talk about music/throws/gear and listen to new stuff too! :+1:

2 Likes

Hi all! Couldn’t quite find an introduction thread for new forum members so I hope you don’t mind that I post here.

I left the hobby at age 11 in 1999 to pursue both traditional and actions sports. I loved my Proyo II and my Turbo Bumblebee and can recall vividly the experience of learning fundamental responsive yo-yo tricks from a picture book (Before the dawn of YouTube….haha).

Now at 35 years old, I’m glad to be back and I’m absolutely impressed with the advancement in yo-yo technology. It’s been fun learning unresponsive play.

Just wanted to say thank you to this community! I’ve learned a lot lurking these forums over the past couple months.

Kicking off 2024 with some :fire: recommended by y’all.

Bathysphere

:call_me_hand:

25 Likes

Hi all!

My name is Geoff C and I’m new to the forums. Thank you @Slestak75 for pointing out this thread!

I left the hobby at age 11 in 1999 to pursue both traditional and actions sports. I loved my Proyo II and my Turbo Bumblebee and can recall vividly the experience of learning fundamental responsive yo-yo tricks from a picture book (Before the dawn of YouTube….haha).

Now at 35 years old, I’m currently in the DMV area of the US (DC, Maryland, Virginia) learning unresponsive play and loving it. My other hobbies include 1/10th scale RC rock crawlers, fpv drones, and bass fishing.

I was an avid skateboarder for 20+ years and loved pushing the boundaries of what I believed I was capable of. Now that my body can’t keep up, it’s been a beautiful blessing in disguise to have rediscovered yo-yo. Modern yo-yo play is very similar to skateboarding in that now there are endless ways of being technical and creative.

I’m very excited to be back I look forward to learning from you all. Cheers! :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

Hey Geoff! I’m another newbie around here. Skateboarder turned thrower. I still skate as much as I can, but it is a lot harder on your body once you hit your 30s!

Nice Bathyspheres! Color me jealous!

9 Likes