UNDERrated YoYos

Saintrobyn, I would love to hear your say of which throws are underated. You obviously have the most credibility. I really enjoy your reviews :slight_smile:

POPSTAR IS THE MOST UNDERRATED THROW, EVER!!!

HA, Just kidding. No, really, I was kidding.

I think, and I may have said this, but HSpin had some dang nice throws when they were on. My Second Run Pyro is still being used by me.

OG Yomega Maverick, too. FINALLY got a replacement Yomega awkward bearing, and my first metal is still fairly (yoyo I walked the dog with, yeah) smooth and plays well. lol. I actually like the 60 grams too, feels like it wants to be a feather, but it’s still got that Beefy-ish feel. ANYWHO. Yeah. Maverick.

anyone care to add any updates to their thoughts on this subject?

maybe something that really suprised you in one way or another?

2 Likes

Unparalleled recognition… plays sweet, only 45.00 usd and that 7075 alum takes a beating.

1 Like

I really liked the blade 2.0. I don’t know if it was because it was super wide, or a prototype, but it is still one of my favorites.

I didn’t see the dates on this thread and kept scratching my head at all the responses in the beginning :rofl:

4 Likes

I keep thinking I’ll have a different answer one day but nope, still have to say the Voyage. An all time favorite.

There are some newer threads relating to this topic

1 Like

MYY V3 is a superduper throw. It plays plays amazing. Super underated

this was the first one that popped up, we can start a new one or a newer one

I love the bimetal volt and animal. Great throws

Yes love that one ronin was coll too

The Outlier 2!!!

1 Like

Im not seeing a ton of hype for the Guitarist from Rain City Skills, but I’m absolutely loving mine.

Also a lot of the newer small shops are underrated in my opinion, since a lot of them haven’t found their audience yet. @TSAF , @jeduardo , @ThatFlippinGuy , @hobbygod are all putting out amazing throws and while they’re growing, I don’t think they’re as well-known or as big as they deserve. Full disclosure I’ve made the strings for some of these guys’ releases (not Dressel, but the others) but that doesn’t ready skew my opinion of them because they pay me for the strings before launch so I’m not really affected by their sales. Just wanted to point that out so people don’t think I’m just hyping them since I work with them, they are really awesome.

4 Likes

Thank you for the shout out! More assassins and 5050s coming soon!

5 Likes

Ya thanks man! We’ve got our organic bimetal coming out soon!

2 Likes

The yo-yo recreation anomaly is super underrated . Organic feel with awesome performance .

I also think the one drop silhouette and one drop burnside are also very underrated

2 Likes

The iyoyo impact and the c3 rooc! I never hear anyone talk about these

1 Like

C3 is not talked about enough in general.

1 Like

The I own the c3 rooc and the speedaholic xx. The only yoyo I have that feels anything like the anglam zero apogee is the rooc.

1 Like