Underrated Yo-Yos

There are a ton of underrated yoyos on the market, and I was wondering what you guys think are some of the most underrated yoyos that you have tried/owned. Mine would probably be the Legacy. In my opinion it plays just as well if not better than the whole “Star” line (NOT Five/Ministar ;)).

Default answer is the Motrix. People skip over it when they’re looking for a regular yoyo because it has ‘mini’ in the name, then skip by it again when they’re looking for a mini yoyo because it isn’t. What it really is is a brilliantly-balanced slimline yoyo. Its deceptively large brass rims give it plenty of heft and spin. Silicone it and you have a serious player in the league of the Hitman.

1 Like

Maybe it’s just because it’s my throw of the moment, but I think the Kyo DNS is totally underrated. Can’t help but feel that it would have gotten more props if it had been released by a bigger brand. It’s surprisingly stable for such a round throw, lovely weight and chunky feel. I have to admit I kind of ignored it when it first came out but when I came back to it a year later ended up falling in love with it.

^^^

Totally agree, I loved my DNS

Duncan mayhem, Nd yyj revolution

Wedgie. People skip right over it becasue it is a small bearing yoyo… Do yourself a favor and try one out.

New breed. the akward shape usually deters people from playing it, but its a marvelous player, super wide for easy string hits.

I would have to agree!!! ;D

I think the 2010 E1NS is pretty underrated at this point. They haven’t really been moving from the YYE store, but they’re fantastic throws and fit a good margin of today’s popular preferences.

I think that the YYF Primo and Genesis are Completely Underrated. They just do not get as much Credit as they Deserve. :wink:

Genesis get plenty of credit. :stuck_out_tongue:

And the E1ns is a fantastic throw; the only reason they do not sell is that you can match or beat the $130 play of an E1ns with a dv888 or hitman pro. :-\

I believe Genesis gets a lot of Credit from Team YYF, but not so much from just Players in General. :wink:

I will have to respectfully disagree with you there but I see your point in either case. But I will definitely agree that the Genesis gets plenty of credit.

I completely agree. Hspin and some of the other Japanese brands are not necessarily underrated, their sales suffer because of the exchange-rate difference against the dollar. It makes an equivalent $99 yoyo turn into a $130 yoyo for the American Consumer.

Conversely, I bet American yoyo companies sell a ton of yo-yos overseas for just the same reason in reverse. Ninety (90) Euros probably buys a really nice of American yoyo these days. ;D

High Power Zen,My friend got it, and its
actually a high quality metal for $45.
I don’t see anybody use it in cometitions.

3YO3 Bassline. Absolutely fantastic. Super smooth, long spin times, and a very comfortable shape. Everybody really needs to try one out immediately. ;D

primo

Every one of BBYY’s (Big Brother Yo-Yos) yoyos

probably the 888 or gnarwhal. o underrated? heavy cream?

i would have to disagree with the primo. i would not buy for 100. it has lots of vibe and it unscrews and nearly falls apart during a throw if not tightened frequently.