Underrated Yo-Yos

I find your post incorrect.

Look at japanese stores. All of them sell the yoyos at the same, if not, higher prices than we pay for them.

Screaming eagle lineā€¦ all of them.
Remnantā€¦ that thing is legit.

1 Like

Maybe a String Theory Remnant.

Outstanding yoyo. One of my top players

How is my post incorrect?

The fact that yo-yos are relatively more expensive in Japan reflects the decline in the dollar vs. yen cross rate. Last year a Japanese consumer could buy a $100 yoyo for 1000yen at a rate of 100yen/$. This year at a rate of 80yen/$ - the same yoyo cost that Japanese consumer 800yen.

That yoyo remains at $100 for the American consumer - but the Japanese consumer pays much less ($80) relative to their salary (assuming they do not take a pay cut).

Lets look at it from the American perspective. Last year I could take $100 -and get 1000yen in Japan. I could go to yoyo store there and buy a 1000yen yoyo. Today, however, I could not buy that same yoyo with my $100. I would have to get $120 to buy that yoyo in Japan.

The reverse is also true. The ILYY/HSPIN cost $100 last year - it is $120 this year. Same yoyo - just new price. But for the American manufacturer - the yoyo that cost 100 Euros last year - can be bought in Europe for 90 Euros this year. Same yoyo - just lower price in Euros.

Pacquiao-It packs a PUNCH.

[quote=ā€œYoyoGeezer,post:24,topic:22706ā€]
This is how.

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/222/Messiah
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/yo-yo/yoyorecreation-mesia/

You can get that Japanese yoyo for $148 here in the USA, or you can get it for Ā„14800 ($177.57) at Spingear, a store in Japan.

Auldey L4? People seem to tick it off as a bootleg, but itā€™s actually original?

The lunatic. Its an awsome yoyo that not to many people are into.

Iā€™m sorry, but I just donā€™t see how your post backs up your theory.

12800 yen is about $130.

Guess how much the average YYR is?

I could be wrong. Iā€™m just saying, I donā€™t see it.

12800 yen is about $130.

that is ā€˜nowā€™
really, this would take so much than simple thinking.
:stuck_out_tongue:

so many yen=so many dollars

so much money buys so many yoyos.

Any more and I feel like you guys are poking at my brain with strange pointy objects. I do not like strange pointy objects squeezed inside my head.

Yeah Its NOT IN ANY WAY A BOOTLEG and MANY other Auldeys Plastics Or Metals they are awesome yoyos and awesome quality so stop HATING i mean did u see the new line Of Auldeys Signature throes DANG SICK and there new Titanium AWESOME

Iā€™m pretty sure that one on the bottom right is a YYF Boss clone. Not the most convincing point for your argument. But I personally donā€™t have an opinion on the whole Auldey bootleg issue - just found it kinda funny is all.

I know someone was gonna say that Augie himself said its not a Bootleg(in another way) and also said it was light and did u see the rims heck different :wink:

duncan butterflies are beastā€¦

The most underrated is definitely the Yomega Maverick

;D

The three that most come to mind for me are the Night Moves 5, the Dif rev-1 Overhaul, and the DNA.

Oh also, I donā€™t see anyone saying anything about the RecRev ā€œiā€, whatā€™s wrong with it? I loves it! also the New Breed is kinda underrated, itā€™s a great throw I just donā€™t really know if it gets much credit or not. Oh and can some one please give me the low down on Crucial and Buzzon? Why does no one ever talk about their throws?

I really like the Element-X I have, but Buzzon hasnā€™t come out with anything new in quite some time - thatā€™s probably the main reason you donā€™t hear much about Buzzon. Crucial gets a decent amount of attention and are generally very well thought, but I think that because they donā€™t come out with new throws frequently, they just donā€™t get as much play.

1 Like