Under rated yoyos

what are some underrated yoyos that yall know off

the dream is one of these yoyos

7 Likes

All YYF yo-yos are underrated by most people. They get overlooked because people love the trendy smaller brands and think YYF is a huge company, and because of their pricing. People tend to associate higher price with higher quality when that’s far from the truth.

29 Likes

^^^ well put.

7 Likes

I think One Drop really markets itself as yo-yos for casual play, and that’s the vast majority of yoyoers. I’ve yet to see one that really attracts me but they do seem really popular.

3 Likes

For those who aren’t fans of One Drop yoyos, I’m curious which yoyo(s) left you disappointed such that they dampened your opinion of their products (and the company as a whole).

To answer the original question, I always like to point to the TopYo Dominator as an under-rated yoyo.

5 Likes

Probably it was my perception of it, but i didn’t see much love for the yoyofficer vector. That one is almost my favorite yoyo ever. The bimetal superstar didn’t impress a lot of people either but i love that one too.

Also the Aviator 2 is what I call “the best most underrated yoyo ever”. Everyone keeps talking about how underrated it is and that’s how that yoyo is considered lol.

4 Likes

It’s not that I’m not a fan, I just don’t see anything in their line up I want. I don’t think their approach to design aligns with what I look for in a yo-yo. It’s also weird to me that their special color ways cost so much more than solids.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I feel exactly the same way about CLYW yoyos.

3 Likes

Honestly the main thing keeping me from another CLYW is the large response area. It’s like a mini highwall on all their yo-yos. After getting more new stuff I barely go back to my Kayak because of this

1 Like

C3 Edolass

But I think C3 in general is underrated. Sengoku too for sure

7 Likes

Im sure you all know what im gonna say but ill say it anyway.

Circle city hero :slight_smile:

Also most delrins… too many to list. The only two i can think of that arent are delrin wedge and serenade.

2 Likes

Agree 100% about C3 being underrated. I never considered Sengoku to be underrated. They have always struck me as a premium quality, premium priced yoyo. I haven’t played all their models, but, even the bizarre ECRIP (I have a prototype) is a strong performer.

4 Likes

I stopped yoyoing just as C3 was starting up. Was impressed to see it still hanging around. Same thing with Turning Point, YYR, CLYW and One Drop. C3, YYR and Turning Point seemed to be trending towards the modern market with their designs at the time.

Not surprised to see SPYY and H-Spin not still around, as they made very niche designs mostly, instead of just making an offbeat design here and there like CLYW or One Drop. It doesn’t seem like people gravitate towards those more unique designs as much as they did in the past. And all of the super small brands are gone as well, like General Yo, DBYY, Madhouse, Werrd etc…

One Drop just occupies a weird spot IMO. They aren’t making the V/Bell/slight W shape competition based yo-yos that are companies are churning out but they also aren’t making designs that are too far out there for most consumers. I think that’s why they are doing so well, because there aren’t a lot of companies making yo-yos that go in that grey area, at least not in the same quantities as One Drop.

I’ve seen some sentiment on yye that CLYW isn’t what it once was, and I think it’s because they’ve sort of gone halfway towards modernizing their design approach. The yo-yo shapes and specs themselves are there but the guts are still kind of out of date. The response area being so large limits what they can do imo. It’s like a mini highwall in every yo-yo. Also going through their stuff on YYE a lot of it looks incredibly similar to eachother.

5 Likes

General yo is still around. Nowhere as big as they were, but still around :slight_smile: theyre rereleasing the 5star soon, which is my favorite general yo and one of my all time favorites

3 Likes

Spintastics as a brand in general were always underrated but specifically the Technic. Albeit a knockoff, it was way better than the ProYo 2.
The FH2 was also underrated because everyone missed the OG FH so much and it was such a different body style.

And for a modern Throws: I never see any praise for the Barracuda Jr.
It’s like the TiWalker/Vayder’s little brother that grew up with less money, but in a loving household, had the grades to go to a top tier University but not the money so went to a local college instead and still went on to get a great job and become a successful member of society.

9 Likes

Yoyofriends Magpie. Everybody seems to dislike it. I like it.:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The 44 RPM Surf, it was designed by Hank Freeman and Rafael Matsunaga by the way, it’s a powerhouse mono-metal that can jam.

9 Likes

Yeah all of their stuff is real underrated. The blues I have is like a floatier 420 with an actual organic ahape lol

7 Likes

The yotricks ethos (made by yyf). It’s one of my favorite throws and i rarely see anything on here about them.

4 Likes

Two that immediately stick out in my mind would be the Ex Machina and the Original Content. I don’t see these talked about much, but I have so much fun playing them. That’s not to mention the deals that pop up on these particular throws from time to time.

Edit:
Also the 7068 Bowl by Elvin. No bargain to have here, but I was surprised how little it was talked about on the forums. It very well might be my best organic… And I have a “healthy” organic collection.

7 Likes