Under rated yoyos

I don’t get CLYW either. I feel a very strong urge to get at least one in my collection but I can’t pick one. They all went the same and they all seem to be overpriced, usually 6061, blended combination of discontinued CLYW yo-yos.

1 Like

I don’t hear the yomega glide being talked about too much, super fun & comfortable h shape for a pretty good price (I think the fact that it comes with a slim bearing is kind of a turnoff)

2 Likes

I would say YoYoEmpire doesn’t get as much love as it should, probably because they’re not as easy to find here in the US. Very good plastic game if you’re into that sort of thing, and IMO the Rainfly 3, MachinaTion, and Ting line are phenomenal throws and sleeper hits.

I also think the OD SK is currently underrated and overshadowed unfairly after its initial launch boom.

Lmaoooooo that was both descriptive and hilarious. Well done.

4 Likes

Adding to my list of underrated yoyos:

YYF Singularity and Turntable 2.0 - I originally overlooked the Singularity as a by-the-numbers competition bimetal—and that’s honestly pretty true—but I ended up really enjoying it. Turntable 2.0 is just a really fun and quirky bimetal and one of the few yoyos I abide having two of.

Vosun EZSpin & TiPowerX - EZSpin has a stupid name (sounds like a washer setting) but it’s basically a tweaked Vanquish. I reach for it more than my Vanquish and more than most of my other budget throws. TiPower X is just a powerhouse with a shape that feels great in hand and a feel distinct from other bimetals due to the titanium rings (like the MachinaTion). I think these suffer because they’re not easy to come by without ordering from overseas.

2 Likes

MK1 Diffraction

2 Likes

I just saw your profile: favorite yo-yo: Airetic strings

2 Likes

Haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed. Even all the high praise isn’t enough because this is the type of quality that should have sold out quick.

4 Likes

Great yo-yo. The only time I’ve seen it mentioned here is people selling it. It’s a fantastic yo-yo, though. It’s got great power, but it’s not overly rim heavy, so it doesn’t feel like a typical bi-metal and it moves so effortlessly. Definitely one of my favorites.

2 Likes

All the yo-yos which entered the market, generated a bit of discussion, and quietly faded into the background.

3 Likes

The Pro Z gets some hate, but for what it is, is actually kind of awesome. A cheap, responsive, slimline pocket throw. It has no old skool cred, like wood, nor new hotness, like a metal slimline, but it can land all the stalls you want, can fit a fixed axle if that’s your thing, and loops/shoots/regens pretty well. (The mod spacers thing may be a different story, but I don’t mess with those.)

3 Likes

I have a V-TiNG and think it is pretty great. I’ve been real curious about the Machination, but not at the original $110 price tag. Toybania has it going for $70 right now, so I think I may grab a gold one.

5 Likes

Thank you both <3

7 Likes

This is a great throw from a small one man company with limited resources to market his amazing throw. I haven’t seen a negative thing said about this yoyo yet.
Also, when I first threw it, it reminded me of…

Which is another great throw that i definitely don’t really see people talking about ever.

And then to add my own choice; basically any yoyo from Reticulated Return Tops. I think they don’t get as much attention being a smaller, newer company, but after now owning 5 of their yoyos, they’re definitely my favorites.

4 Likes

That’s pretty much 99% of all yoyos at this point, regardless of manufacturer IMO. Even most One Drops, I would argue, fall into that category. Outside of the general OD praise, I haven’t seen any talk of the 1to1, Legendary Terrarian, Sugar Glider (aside from BST posts), etc. You only really hear talk about a handful of them (Top Deck, MMC, Overture, occasionally VTWO). Over-saturation is real.

4 Likes

Mini Bowl - never thrown any other organic like it

Stainless Steel and .5mm rim thickness…or should I say thinness?

For real though it’s awesome

5 Likes

High walls on yoyos don’t “limit their possibilities” if you think that you should practice more because it’s not the yoyo that’s the problem in that situation.

It seems like not that many people were into the Par Avion, I really like that yoyo. I was also a fan of the first Turntable.

3 Likes

Having a larger response area 100% limits what you can do with a yo-yo design. A larger response area like with snow tires takes up more space than standard 19mm OD. So they’re forced to commit that part of the yo-yo to the response area on every single yo-yo they make. Other companies can use that space as part of the yo-yo shape instead.

And being limited in design possibilities is not the same as limiting the tricks someone can do with them, I don’t think you understood what I was getting at. That’s not the argument I was making at all. But now I will: how many people are competing and placing highly with a high walled yo-yo?

1 Like

the sidekick pro

3 Likes

Adegel PSG - I don’t think anyone carries Adegel in the US but their stuff is quality and it’s different from the plastics I’m used to. The brand is listed in the YYE store but empty.

3 Likes