Underrated yoyo

Hei guys what do you think is the most underrated yoyo that you own?
Mine have to be the original radius. I don’t hear a lot of people talk about it which is crazy because it is such a good and fun throw (light but stable and incredibly comfortable in the hand). Not to mention that Shion Araya won world’s with it 2 years in a row.

5 Likes

Shion Araya could have won Worlds 2 years in a row throwing an Apple core with a shoe string on it.

13 Likes

For me, it’s the YoYoBrothers Voyage. It’s super light but still has stability and spin time.

6 Likes

The RCS Dollar. It plays way better than it looks like it should and it’s just fun to throw.

4 Likes

Yoyorecreation Anomally. It is an organic yo-yo with the power of a OD Draupnir, or Sigtyr. Comfort and competition-level performance; what is not to like?

7 Likes

the Voyage is frequently overlooked. every so often one will pop up and it will start a little scramble of folks wondering and lookin…

the a-rt VI IX / 69 (for their line-up) tends to not get as much attention as the rest of their pieces, but it’s fun and comfortably sized, and significantly more accessible (or was) then their other smaller throws. and you still can get them at or below retail.

anything oxygene is, imo, a hidden jewel. they were a company ahead of their time, pieces are unique, many perform very well… and a lot you can pick up on the cheap - oxy5 is incredible

10 Likes

The magicyoyo T9 doesn’t get enough said about it. It’s a great yoyo if you love small organic shapes, very similar to a bape.

Also the ametoys V4 needs more love than it already gets. A competition oriented shape and great finish make this one a fine choice.

I’d recommend changing the response on both of these fine throws and popping in some flowable silicone as the stuff it comes with doesn’t last.

Fantastic value on both of these. I picked them both together for less than £24. Highly recommend them both.

5 Likes

Anyone who knows me on discord already knows this, but Ko’olau Edge is my favorite monometal by far. It is pretty rare which is a shame but I play with mine every day. The shape makes it look so boring, but in reality, it is one of the most unique feeling yoyos I have ever thrown. If you are lucky enough to get an opportunity to own one, I wouldn’t hesitate.

7 Likes

Wow really? I thought oxygenes were difficult to find and were pretty expensive haha. Every time I see someone obtain one I’ll be like wow lucky guy.

1 Like

Maybe now they’re underrated, but about 10-15 years ago they were pretty much on everyone’s want list.

2 Likes

True.

Anything made of Magnesium.

1 Like

Duncan MG was everyones grail for a while but I’d say the Death Robot MG is definitely underrated. Haven’t tried a magnum though and there was only 1 magnesium project. Anglam MGSS is a bit out of my range too.

1 Like

I once had 5 Mgs and I’ll agree with you about Death, love :heart: that guy. Love absolutely my Magnum, Ernie hit it right out of the park with that baby. Sov was pretty sweet.

I agree …

The Anomaly is one of the best yo-yos ever made in my opinion.

The weight distribution is perfect. It doesn’t feel heavy on the string. It has a great shape/feel.

It rolls off the hand like velvet and you can feel the power on the string. It doesn’t clunk at the end of the string. It’s very smooth…

It spins like it’s solar powered.

It’s not ‘too organic’ shaped. It’s not v shape. It’s not h shape. It’s not ‘odd’ shaped. The diameter and width had to be the result of higher level thinking/testing.

I think it a great value for its performance…

And… It’s not even made of Titanium, lol.

It is seriously underrated.

That would be my choice for ‘underrated’ yoyo.

6 Likes

Most RecRevs are criminally underrated

Just about anything by 2sick, but the endgame and crusade are very high on my list of favorites and just never get mentioned. I also agree the anomaly is seriously under rated, and the almighty even more so.

3 Likes

MadHouse EPIC is definitely the peak of hubstacks. It is such a joy to throw, and it is so much easier to use its stacks to open new trick opportunities compared to say an 888. It should’ve been more successful, and it seems forgotten now.

5 Likes

i didn’t heard of it before. I look it up now and it seemed so fun. If I will find one i will surly grab it

1 Like

The UNPRLD Reduction plays super good, and its also a price point, like @Mazdarx7FD said in his review, this is the best midsize mono metal.

4 Likes