My wife and I had "the talk" last night

Best reason.

4 Likes

Wow some of these comments read kinda sad.

4 Likes

My lady and and me both have our own obsessions mine is yoyos hers is is knitting and spinning yarn her new spinning wheel alone cost 600$ and she is always ordering fiber and dyes. I don’t says anything to her and she returns the favor.

5 Likes

Got my first modern yoyo out of curiosity to try one with a bearing. Kind of hard to explain the expense for one of these “toys” when we were used to $3 Duncan Butterfly’s in the store. So, when I wanted the second and third one, I thought maybe I can make some string to have a little yoyo budget. Of course that took a while to work out, and then got crazy with all of the time involved. I’ll have to ask her, but maybe she would have preferred that I just spent the money.

7 Likes

You do carry your yo-yo on your person… in a yo-yo holster… right… RIGHT?!

Oh but it does, my friend. It does.

Now that all yo-yos are amazing, which one you pick boils down to preference, and dare I say… fashion

6 Likes

We’ve had the talk before…

3 Likes

My copper deep state is always in my pocket. And it’s a conversation starter. And usually I’m sitting back doing gravity pulls. So yeah I guess I do! Even the guys at the Axe House are like that’s like a really grown up version of a yo-yo.

1 Like

Everywhere my girl and I go; I buy everything. I use her BMW; I fill it with gas. Any and all parts, repairs, lubricants for her car; I pay. We go to Trader Joe’s, Costco, Macys’, Supermarket, etc; if she puts in in the cart; I pay for it. She goes to get her hair cut, toenails painted, trip to the Spa; I pay for it. We go to dinner; I pay for it. All pet related expenses: cat food, litter, toys, Vet visits, cat trees, pet related cleaning supplies; I pay for everything. House payment; I pay it. She has a collection of expensive purses, enough gold jewelry to sink a Lifeboat, her own Craftroom; completely outfitted by me/including a $5000 Electronic sewing machine, curio cabinets for her expensive lifelike doll collection; etc. I could go on…:nerd_face:

When I get a Yoyo in the mail; she will still ask me, ‘Did you really need another yoyo’?

I tell her the same thing; almost like a game.

I simply say, ‘I don’t need anything. But if I want it; I will buy it’.

I will tell you guys my formula. I don’t drink, don’t smoke, don’t do any form of drugs, no medical weed, I don’t gamble and I seldom travel.

Which adds up to me having what I call discretionary funds.

If I had any ‘bad habits’; I would probably have a much smaller number of yoyos🤓.

I guess buying yoyos is a bad habit🤔.

It is interesting how some women just can’t grasp men having collections?

I’ve been at this for over 20 years. I have a machine shop in my garage. My truck license plate says YOYODOC. She knows I won the World Yoyo Modding title 3 years in a row. She knows I received a National Achievement Award. She knows I talk to people all over the Planet about yoyo related stuff.
I always have a yoyo wherever we go.

Yet… She still seems completely puzzled as to why I Buy yoyos?

She doesn’t get mad. She just doesn’t get it.

You should have seen the look on her face when she found out my Dazzler cost $600.

The expression on her face was priceless.

My condolences to all you guys that have to deal with the ‘how many yoyos do you have’ question.

I like to tell her that I am always one yoyo short of a full collection.

PS… several days ago; I told my girl I know I have to get a Life. I told her, ‘it’s about time’.

So I got in touch with my Homie; Jensen. I followed the tracking from Canada to my local Post Office.

As I opened the box and pulled out the yoyo; I told Karen, ‘You thought I was kidding. But I finally got a Life.’

A Superb yoyo by the way.

Hahaha…

:clown_face:

18 Likes

Was she…

:sparkles: DAZZLED :sparkles:

6 Likes

If my wifey wants to keep collecting her stuff, she’ll let me do the same. :wink:

3 Likes

Solution: Don’t get a girlfriend/wife. That way to can buy an :infinity: amount of yoyos and not get fussed!

1 Like

I have a handful of these kicking around my house :scream:

They’re not bad for holding microwave popcorn at least.

1 Like

The answer to this is not politically correct.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t start this as a wife/SO bashing, woe is me thread. My wife and I actually laughed about what happened pretty much immediately after she rolled her eyes at me. And the eye roll wasn’t a “serious” eye roll either.

This is pretty much me. My wife and I live a very simple life.We do travel, and we each have our own hobbies. But outside of everyday bills we don’t have any debt, and we work on keeping it that way. If this was not the case I wouldn’t buy yoyos the way I do, which honestly isn’t that many these days.

Can’t speak for everyone else here, but my life is infinitely better because of my wife.

11 Likes

Sad to see all of this straight up hypocritical resentment when it comes to yoyo collections. To begrudge anyone their hobby, no matter how seemingly petty and trivial, is rather insulting. I can see it being an issue if you are spending outside of your budget, but everyone deserves to be able to indulge a hobby if they are able to manage. I don’t think grasping the concept of a hobby is very difficult. People who claim not to understand actually do; they just find the hobby to be stupid.

I just buy less yoyos :stuck_out_tongue:

When I met my wife, she was married and her husband was there with her standing in the local magic shop. I didn’t do magic but I yoyoed, and as soon as I opened my case she was hooked on me. A few weeks later she was mine. I was able to end a ten year opiate addiction shortly after that. If it hadn’t been for yo-yos and my idiotic gumption to ask out a married woman, I would be dead now for sure. She has never once complained about anything yo-yo related and I thank God every day for her.

4 Likes

In my experience Chicks dig a guy who’s good with his hands.

3 Likes

She thought it was quite funny and couldn’t take me seriously for a while, but after only 4 months she’s already coming around lol. I think she’s probably just giving up tbh

“Sorry honey, but his collection is SO much bigger.”

5 Likes