My wife and I had "the talk" last night

Yeah see idk, I can definitely see the argument for shoes and clothes vs yoyos but when youre collecting other niche things too you can’t really say anything tbh :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh I know, but she would absolutely argue dollar for dollar ect. Just glad I’m not telling her about the new parts for the truck…

4 Likes

I think this is normal and will be on going.

How much was that new putter?
You spent what on a new shoes?
Another new tech item?
Did you need a 6th watch?
What’s wrong with your this tie?

It’s not often that both partners have the same value of money and hobbies

16 Likes

Once or twice, the first time she got a little angry, the second time was the “adjustment” period. Now she just leaves me alone about it. She sees how many I sell, so I keep my collection compact. Plus, she’s put in three fish tanks and a koi pond over the last couple of years so her room to complain has shrunk greatly.

2 Likes

If all my yoyos are the same color/raw my girlfriend will never be able to tell the difference between them :joy:

9 Likes

It’s mostly a don’t ask/don’t tell situation with my GF. She doesn’t ask because, well quite frankly because she’s not interested in yoyos. And I don’t tell her because she’s just not interested in yoyos. Of course, we don’t argue over money, period, which helps.

3 Likes

That’s a bad idea. Deflecting the argument/discussion just adds fuel.

2 Likes

It’s not deflecting, really. It is offering much needed perspective.

1 Like

I @'d the wrong person. Arguments like the one mentioned never go well in my experience.

3 Likes

My wife and I budget and each of us have our own line for fun money. So never any flack on how I spend mine. Before the budget we would run large purchases by each other before hand.
We shockingly never have argued over money. Needed money plenty of times but never blamed the other or so on.

12 Likes

Stacy knew what she was getting into lol.
It used to be a “how many do you seriously need?” kinda thing. And for awhile, when I would make $ from yo-yo’s it’d go right back into yo-yo’s, and that would get some eye rolls. Gradually though, I’ve mostly stopped buying yo-yo’s. I maybe buy 2-3 a year, trade for the odd one. Can’t remember the last $100+ yo-yo I bought. I have more than I can play. And over the years, she’s kinda factored it into the “cost of keeping me sane”. (Or mostly, I guess.)

14 Likes

This guy is going places. @Damb I also used to get the same color throws for a while because a red throw is a red throw you know. No honey same red yoyo all week…

11 Likes

Lol. This made me chuckle.

As for the topic, my wife stopped asking a looonnnggg time ago. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

OMG my question is why?

1 Like

Very devious. I like it lol.

2 Likes

I also once reminded my wife that she was a Halmark Platinum customer and a Kohl’s Preferred customer. That’s gone a long way.

5 Likes

Lots of reasons :+1:

1 Like

Well guys I’m a dead man, @DisNerd is my wife. She just told me she joined…

In lieu of flowers please donate to purple yo-yo…

7 Likes

I read “only 40,” and I didn’t even question it. I was like yeah, he’s only got 40, no big deal. :rofl:

4 Likes

One reason I am still single.

8 Likes