What is your biggest yoyo pet peeve?

Hello!

I’ve only been in the yoyo community for around 3ish years, so keen to understand what your main pet peeves are? Is it something about the community, specific tricks, or something about yoyo shops… Keen to get your experiences.

Mine is the lack of quality stores that operate in the UK, with very limited stock.

15 Likes

Making a commitment to pare down my collection, succeed, then accumulate overstock once again.

26 Likes

String. feel like i have to change every 2 hours of play just because i have sweaty hands

13 Likes

Too many yoyos, not enough time.

27 Likes

Axle knots that come out of nowhere.

21 Likes

The price of titanium. I get it. I know there’s not much to do about it from anyone’s perspective.

But damn I hate it.

13 Likes

A yoyo with sharp edge & snaggy response at the same time.
Plus the time when it bounces back to my hand unexpectedly…

11 Likes

Keeping up with new releases… I don’t know how people do it. I followed everything I was interested in on IG and FB and I just got too many notifications to read them all.

So I learn about new releases on the mail day thread…

13 Likes

When people complain about vibe…

29 Likes

Snaggy response. I hear a lot people asking for more grip and thicker strings, and I HATE have to deal with everything being so grippy. Particularly pads, finally found OT pink pads which work great and give me just enough response, but everything else is just :face_vomiting:

11 Likes

When I pick up my current favorite yo-yo; all psyched to practice a new trick and on the first or second throw - I get it tangled and have to get out the tweezers…

So disappointing.

17 Likes

Me too! You should check out and try self leveling silicone response or monkey snot. It will completely change that on any throw

5 Likes

Suggestion……wear gloves to save strings!?

6 Likes

Someone (BST) or a yoyo company provides a loose axle packaged with yoyo in a jewel bag, but not secured or wrapped and that scratches the ano in shipping.

10 Likes

Might seem trivial but it really irks me for some reason… When people leave their cruddy old string on a yo I pick up on the BST.

28 Likes

Yoyo peeves of mine - when my string somehow unwinds in my pocket and knots up without realizing…go to give the yoyo a throw hastily and knuckle buster…folks, take the extra few seconds and do a pre-inspection before you go full throttle with your throw!

Screaming bearings on a brand new throw - this almost consistently happens with me regardless of manufacturer. I’m not normally one to want to complain and have to go through the whole hoopla of sending something back over a “defective bearing” and will just take the extra effort to give it a quick clean…and I’m set! Still annoying though especially if you’re out and you don’t exactly have your cleaning tools on hand.

I used to keep up with new releases and sort of just fell off the wayside. My interests have changed over time and basically these days go after something that’s a nod to old school/mid school era or something quite unique or small.

13 Likes

Dude the bearing thing i totally get. I’ve been getting so frustrated when you get a new throw and after a minute of fun it’s just “SCREEEEEEECH” and you have to clean it. It’s not just you that’s for sure. I almost wonder if bearing qualities have been going down or I’m just getting more picky.

10 Likes

People saying someone didn’t deserve to win a contest

Also like knots that happen when doing a trick that doesn’t have a knot because the strings being weird lol

16 Likes

Although interestingly, ‘original string’ is often pushed as a bonus or advantage on ebay :rofl:

8 Likes

Sometimes when i think i had a clean bind, only to find the yoyo flailing immediately back up which may or may not hit a bodily organ or two. I also get peeved when my pads start getting slippy and my tube of silicone has predictably dried up already. And the rather sad fact that we don’t get many yoyos today in the 48-51mm range

6 Likes