As I’m struggling with learning how to tame my yo-yo, I wonder if my difficulties come from me or from the yo-yo.
My yo-yo is a YYF One, with its narrow bearing (responsive mode).
Here’s a list of my current “problems”:
- can’t sleep for long. Like, maybe 10s. Yet, I think my throws are quite powerful given how it hurts my palm when it comes back in my hand.
- the yo-yo often wobbles when I throw it
- the “response” is not consistent. Sometimes the yo-yo comes back easily, sometimes I can tug it again and again and it stays down.
I tried with the wide bearing, in non-responsive mode, to see if it would give me more spinning time to try and learn how to bind. But without much success; The time to try to “trapeze” it, it stops.
So, I was wondering:
- is it just a matter of training?
- would a heavier/better yo-yo make it easier?
- should I wait to manage a consistent behaviour and master binds before I buy a new yo-yo, given most have 4+mm gaps and are, I guess, non-responsive ?
In case a better yo-yo helps, I was looking at:
- YYF DV888 - narrow gap, aluminium.
- Top Yo Creater - same weight, same width, smaller diameter, narrow and wide bearings
- YYF Wedge - plastic, but similar specs (from what I can see) as Creater, except it has a wider gap, so I guess it’s not responsive.
Do you have any other suggestion, for around 30/40€ max ?
(yes I know, that’s a lot of questions!! )