Fixed Axle Friday Throws

It was pretty stable and long spinning, there was just something about the way it responded, it just felt unusual

3 Likes

Sounds interesting. I know he has his own response system that he uses.

4 Likes

I have one from Kevin and I use string from Genuine Devil that’s super fluffy. I love it. Double the axle wrap and it’s perfect. Kinda heavy compared to my other fixies, but the extra weight feels good to me.

4 Likes

Mine is really hit or miss. I think the response is too aggressive for it’s own weight and the wide gap makes it a bit inconsistent.

Sometimes the string feels tightly wound but slips and hits the floor on the first throw, then when it is properly wound it has incredible kickback that sends it above your head before reaching the end of the string.

Maybe I need to try different strings with it, but so far all it’s done is given me a headache.

4 Likes

Yes, these are both symptoms of a wide gap. Kickback especially is hugely amped up with wide gaps, making STM type tricks really difficult.

3 Likes

Fallen 44 Full Moon Fixed Axle Friday.
Appropriately a Jason.

8 Likes

Perfect fixed axle to be throwing on Friday the 13th! :scream:

7 Likes

A white oak Boon.

8 Likes

Couple weeks back I was playing several fixies with different response systems. The one with the smallest diameter contact zone, but with the most “Facegrain Recessed” was a Hildy Brothers Azalea. This one is all Maple with an ink stamp floral pattern and weights in at 46 grams which is 5 grams less than the inlay version. The V shape make this one a unique player and the extra gap with consistent response makes some trickier stalls mounts easier to catch and experiment with. Been gravitating to this one alot lately and having fun.

9 Likes

Throwing a “Circle” today.

Take note all you other manufacturers, Sam knows what’s up! Planning to get these online later today. :grin:

11 Likes

I don’t think the word “circle” means what Sam thinks it means…

4 Likes

When throwback Thursday runs into fixed axle Friday…

12 Likes

In case any of you fixed axle fans want to check out the “Circle”

5 Likes

Well… I did something in honor of #FixedAxleFridayThe13th :grin:

13 available, $13 each, engraved on both sides. Only online through the weekend, get em while they’re hot!

14 Likes

Lol that’s awesome Garrett!

4 Likes

Dang already sold out, nice moves :running_man::dash:

1 Like

I usually give one away to the store owner with each run of my yoyos he sells. I like that kinda thing.

4 Likes

20190920_052449
Still on that Skinflint. I haven’t ever thrown a fixie as much as this one. Super classy coper plated Parlay yoyo stand for maximum refinement and sophistication.

11 Likes

The eHTEEN trifecta is complete with the EHKNOWN. I feel extremely privileged to have been able to pick one up from last Thursday night’s one minute drop. Big year for TMBR. Thanks for the inspiration @edhaponik.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

19 Likes

WOW!!! :open_mouth: That’s amazing!

5 Likes