Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Yes, it’s laminated poplar and red oak. A very cool idea because you have the denser oak wood out wide and the soft poplar on the inside. The poplar gives great response and the denser oak acts as crude ‘rim weight’. It works really well.

7 Likes

Super cool! I love my Orphan!

16 Likes

Whoa!!! Love the pivot around the eye!! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Always watching

4 Likes

I’ve got an older Orphan, back before the days of a/Rt. I sold my new Orphan so can’t compare again. But my og is slightly wider, and was just slightly larger in diameter as well. Gap was the same. I always wanted a painted one, like the gold one Jensen had. I asked him about it, and he just gave it to Paul Dang. Been after Paul to sell it to me ever since :joy:

On topic here though, I’ve been playing my maple Sullivan a lot this week, really love that yoyo.

4 Likes

Throwing my 20EHteen today. Used it as a test engraver for the EHknowns lol.

18 Likes

Holy heck I love that. If I leave a special note on my order of the unknown, will you do this to it?!

I don’t know… I feel like I shouldn’t be messing around with yo-yos we’re selling. And I don’t really want to take the time to lineup 3 more engravings on 1 half haha, it would probably just be uneven or look messed up.

4 Likes

I LIKE it messed up. But the setup part I understand fully. I forgot what you said before about the difficulty getting each unique half properly mounted and engraved. Nevermind I GUESS. huff puff puff

1 Like

Plus if I say yes to you I’ll have to say yes to everyone else asking for engravings. No is better for now. We have talked about setting up some sort of custom engraving option in the future though!

6 Likes

I remember Andre mentioning that in another thread. Pretty excited about the potentially for silly immature images and sayings on my throws.

2 Likes

Out of town or I would gave joined today’s A-RT Orphan train. This Friday however, I brought a trusty YYF Legend Wing with the two sides of @DocPop lazer design engravings, Word to Your Mother

9 Likes

Not every day I see a No Jive I didn’t know existed. Even rarer that I get one in the mail! Black/Silver, holo-stamped, gap-sanded SPECIAL! You rule @AaronW!!!

16 Likes

Couldn’t think of a better place for it :raised_hands:

8 Likes

I finally have two fixed axle yoyos. On the left is a Legend Wing and on the right is a TMBR Irwin. Had both for a week now and I can safely say that I loved fixed axle play, just need to learn some more tricks!

10 Likes

The legend wing comes in lacquered / glossy? Never seen one like that!

5 Likes

Yeah I have one too. It’s nice!

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me about this one?

It looks really nice, but the gap is over 3.6mm? I hardly imagine it could return reliably or shoot the moon with a gap like that. How does it perform in general?

2 Likes

I tried one of his other shapes that was at wyyc, and it wasn’t my fav, the shape and look of it is super interesting tho.

3 Likes

How did it perform?

@YoYoExpertGarrett, can you shed some light?

2 Likes