Definitive Parts List

I am a tinkerer. I like to mess around with things and yo-yos are no exception. What I’ve found while messing around is that there are many small parts that are handy to have access to for modifying. On top of that, there are many yo-yos out there that came with replaceable parts that aren’t so easy to find anymore. So I felt like for the community as whole, it would be a helpful idea to have a thread where links to such products can be consolidated together. This would be something that anyone in the community could contribute to. Think wooden axle blanks, metal fixed axle blanks, shims, washers, specialty axles, bearings, maybe specialized tools, you get the point. It would be very much appreciated so as to keep the thread clean and easy to navigate, if conversation were kept to a minimum. A brief description of what’s being linked and what it pertains to. (ie: this is the only yo-yo in the world that has these little do-dangles on it, so here’s where you can get them). I hope I’m not repeating something that’s already been done. Here goes.

10 Likes

I like it thank you steve for getting a post started.

6 Likes

Thanks alot

4 Likes

I think adding all the links from the FAF post would be a good start

MR85 :

3mm wide: McMaster-Carr

Looping blank

Size A:

4mm Aluminum: McMaster-Carr

Size B:

B bearing and lock kit: Kasm bearing parts kit | Layer Infinity

Size C:

“Standard” : McMaster-Carr
“Narrow”: McMaster-Carr

Size D:

3mm: https://www.zgrt.ca/accessories
3mm(US): El Mijo Parts by Zero Gravity Return Tops – YoYoExpert

5 Likes

Awesome. Thank you. Starting to get that overwhelmed feeling and I knew it was going to take me a minute to get all that together. Thank you thank you thank you.

3 Likes

Here are .01” and .031 shims that will work for “A” bearings and “D” bearings
Shims allow for a small amount of adjustment to your gap width. Adding width or in conjunction with a more narrow bearing to lower gap width.

1 Like

These are shims for C bearings. The .01” and .02” options work great.

5 Likes

These should work in most loopers using Loop or Raider style bearings E or K, I believe are the 2.

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z8PDX6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I think they have replacement kits you can buy for the FH1, but if you need more nuts for some reason…

100pcs 6-32 304 Stainless Steel Nylon Inserted Lock Nut

4 Likes

Any other blanks anyone knows of?

I could not think of any as a replacement for a bearing unless there is another obscure bearing size out there. I’m unaware of all of the yo-yos out there that have replaceable wooden axles similar to No Jive, but a link to any supplier of such things would go well here also.

1 Like

I saw Luftverk restocked c blanks

https://www.reddit.com/r/Throwers/s/C1tupMRkCZ

3 Likes

y’all, don’t sleep on the rbc blanks. it throws AMAZING.

1 Like

there are a ton of useful resources in this thread so far, i might suggest editing the original post to compile them all in one place. would be helpful as the conversation here grows

2 Likes

I’ll work on that. Might take a minute. Certainly not today. Today my head is hurting fiercely.

2 Likes

hopefully you feel better soon, steve <3

1 Like

Traxxas-Lube vs. SuperLube

Traxxas

When applying this grease, it is immediately noticeable that it flows very well into the bearing. At first I thought it would drip out the other side, but this doesn’t happen, it stays perfectly in the bearing.
It has a viscous-fluid consistency.
With a D-ball bearing, I apply the grease to about half the bearing.
There is no change in the responds after the first throw.

How does it feel?

The Responds are perfect in my eyes.
It’s a bit abstract to describe how it feels, a bit like a rubber effect, it comes out of the sleeper gently damped. The response is super direct and the YoYo reacts to even the smallest amount of sugar. Stalls work perfectly. Sleeper is good, but not incredibly long, but more than sufficient for 0A tricks. However, tricks from the 1A range like the “Split the Atoms” with a ZGRT El MiJo or a DocPop Stoopid won’t really work. Shorter ones like “Elevator”, however, are no problem.

SuperLube

This grease has the same flow behavior as normal greases, it stays on the bearing when applied, it does not flow into the bearing itself. With a D-ball bearing, I apply a complete circle once. To get the grease where it should go, you have to turn the bearing, then the grease is perfectly drawn into the balls of the bearing.

Playing

After two throws into the sleeper, the responds behavior no longer changes and remains constant for a very long time.
The response behavior is just as direct as the Traxxas, but it does not have the “rubber effect” like the Traxxas. I find Sleeper slightly better with the SuperLube. For a “Split the Atoms” with a ZGRT El MiJo or DocPops Stoopid the spin is still not enough!

Summary

In my opinion, both greases are perfect for 0A yo-yos. I think everyone has to experiment with the amount of grease depending on the size of the bearings and their preference for the strength of the response.
The only difference between them is the way the responds feel, with the Traxxas there’s a “rubber effect” that’s a bit hard to describe, which I personally really like. With the SuperLube I like the slightly better sleeper.

Do you need both greases now?

I don’t think so, both are just as good.

Is it fun to experiment with it?

For me, this is a clear yes.

Which grease do I prefer to use?

Both! At the moment, the lighter the YoYo is, the more I tend to use SuperLube.

I hope I was able to help someone with this article

5 Likes

Lol funny i just got some Traxxas myself, it was $2 plus shipping so grabbed a couple tubes. Def a winner.

Cant compare to the super lube myself but considered that option too. It worked better for me than thick lube.

3 Likes

That’s good information…thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Nice gonna bookmark this

2 Likes