FAF and Bearing Blanks

With FAF right around the corner, I’ve noticed the topic of bearing blanks being brought up in various threads, so I thought we could consolidate the topic. Personally, I’d really love some A, D, and C sized wooden blanks, but I’ll take what I can get.

Does anyone have any leads on bearing blanks, regardless of material?

Edit: I’m going to organize all the responses below.

Soul Fuel Skill Toys can make just about any sized bearing blank you want in the following materials: Teak wood, POM/Delrin and Brass. They can also make MR85 Blanks in POM. Soul Fuel is also taking pre-orders for their Om Fixed axle yoyo.

MR85 :

3mm wide: McMaster-Carr

Size A:

4mm Aluminum: McMaster-Carr

Size B:

B bearing and lock kit: Kasm bearing parts kit | Layer Infinity

Size C:

“Standard” : McMaster-Carr
“Narrow”: McMaster-Carr

Size D:

3mm: https://www.zgrt.ca/accessories
3mm(US): El Mijo Parts by Zero Gravity Return Tops – YoYoExpert

4 Likes

Wooden blanks…….:thinking:

3 Likes

And here’s a link for “A” size bearing blank.

3 Likes

Here’s the direct link for MR85 blank. Mind you this is 3mm wide where as MR85 is 2.5mm. So this widens the gap by .5

4 Likes

I think @Captrogers posted an IG link for someone who makes wooden blanks, but they’re in India. I wouldn’t be opposed, but would be nice to have something that could be delivered in less than 10 days.

I have a bearing blank from him. Its fantastic atleast for what I use it for(mainly shoot the moons). Id definitely give him a go. Soulfuel on insta.

5 Likes

I’m 90% positive this will be the same as a Narrow C blank edit: I’m wrong, this is standard C bearing size, not narrow

4 Likes

I’ve not been able to find an 11mm spacer for a D blank on that site though. There is one from ZGRT though if it’s in stock.

3 Likes

Appears to be in stock. This didn’t link directly to the blank, but scroll down…it’s there.

3 Likes

I found some plastic 5x8x2.5 spacers that fit perfectly in an RBC

4 Likes

I forgot about the ZGRT D blanks, which I do have a few of. I’m really after that wood though. I’ve been looking into wood turning, so that would be a good project.

2 Likes

I’ll message him. Thanks for letting us know you’ve used them!

2 Likes

I’ve just been loving the RBC with glued bearing as a blank but with a wood blank!! How hard could it be to get a 2.5mm panel of wood, cut 8mm blanks, and drill
5mm holes in the middle?

1 Like

Be care with these as they are not standard d-bearing width, they are 3mm wide rather than the standard 5mm. They do not fit in a Respawn for example, bearing posts are too long.

2 Likes

Maybe someone is crazy enough to try!

2 Likes

sounds easy but i Imagin like most things involving tools it requires more cursing than i expect.

3 Likes

yes Soul Fuel (@soulfuelskilltoys) • Instagram photos and videos @ceddarth i think. he is known for awesome wood and metal blanks. i nearly got some but then had some financial stuff come up and had to hold off.

3 Likes

d bearing blanks from zgrt zgrt | Accessories
yye also has the d blanks and if your in the us they will ship much faster than from zgrt directly through Canadian post. (dont get me wrong i love zgrt but canadian post hand off to usps is sketchy at times. El Mijo Parts by Zero Gravity Return Tops – YoYoExpert

c bearing blanks sadly seems luftverk took them off their site and yye no longer has them in stock either Luftverk Fixed Axle Bearing Blank – YoYoExpert thats a real shame.

4 Likes

this mostly is just good for the kasm or if you want to turn a match or sunrise fixed but b bearing locks are sold by layer infinity. Kasm bearing parts kit | Layer Infinity

3 Likes

I just noticed mcmaster provides CAD files for all their bearings… that means i can technically 3d print these.

4 Likes