FAF and Bearing Blanks

I’m sure I’m not the only one who would compensate you for your time.

3 Likes

I updated my original post to include links that were posted here. Thanks everyone! Hopefully we can expand this list even further.

2 Likes

if i could make a suggestion, the size C bearing is technically an imperial bearing, not a metric bearing. might be more clear to keep it in the standard 1/4 x 1/2 x 3/16 format. also, 3/16" is the standard size c bearing, not a slim c. iirc, slim c is 1/8"

edit: just measured two bearings to confirm. standard C is 3/16" wide, half-spec C is 1/8" wide.

3 Likes

You are absolutely right. My bad entirely. That’s why I said I was only 90% sure. I knew someone would straighten me out. :grin::+1:

2 Likes

no bad was committed, steve! you’re helping out the community a ton by finding the other sizes. that blank you found would be perfect for the deep/er states!

2 Likes

I thought of that too. I also edited the previous post to reflect that it’s “standard” and not narrow. :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Here is the blank for a “Narrow” C bearing.

2 Likes

you rock, Steve!!

2 Likes

The spacer in the new Duncan Wheels is actually pretty good

3 Likes

welp gonna try a bunch of blanks and shims and locks and see what wants to work. if it works ill dump the stl file but i imagine some of these are bound to fail and ill refine until i get something usable. experimenting with various sizes

im letting them finish but i already see some issues im going to have to figure out

6 Likes

8 Likes

Well that didn’t go great. Here I thought I could just hit print but my toddlers turned the belt tension nobs and put their greasy fingers all over the plate also my z offset seems off so that’s fun. All that to say kids are a delight. I’ll get it going later gotta go into dad mode now

3 Likes

Thank you, sir. I’ve updated the Narrow and Standard links.

3 Likes

This attempt is going much better after recalibrating my printer again…

I’ll report back with more details

4 Likes

3 Likes

This is loosely related to the topic, but I’ve been hoping someone will come along and 3D print replacement TMBR axles.

3 Likes

Printed some C, A, D and mr85 bearing blanks.

Need to work on the d blanks a bit and the bearing locks I previously mentioned but working on stuff for FAF and haven’t been able to sit down and 3d model.

Also printed shims in various sizes

6 Likes

That would be cool definitely requires some modeling but shouldn’t be too hard a part to print

2 Likes

This is awesome

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to make a profit off of anyone. If someone wants a bunch of 3d printed blanks and or shims or bearing locks send me a message and we can work out a break even which would probably be pretty cheap if we can keep it in a stamped US envelope.

For reference material cost was roughly 2 dollars for 15 blanks and I’ve probably tweaked that down a bit now that I know how they print. A stamp is like 70 cents or something. Let’s round that total to 3 dollars for my own sanity. I won’t argue if someone tips me for my time but I wouldn’t expect it. It’s not a hard print nor much effort and the models I’m using are mostly from various sources or parts of various sources made to work the way I want. I’m not doing anything magical. I’ll also gladly share any STL files I have and my printer configs for the DIY folks. Really any bearing size I can do a blank or locks or shims depending on what your trying to do.

I can easily just tape them to some cardboard and drop that in a standard letter.

2 Likes