FAF and Bearing Blanks

You are amazing dude! How do they play? I would def be interested in some

1 Like

Because the 3d print is not perfect (generally FDM printing isn’t amazing at circles) They play somewhat similar to a wood sleeve just a bit more fragile if you squeeze it while removing. (like i did with pliers)

I tried a kk bearing blank for the lulz and tossed it in my pocket rocket and it was way too responsive.

I feel like the C bearing blanks make it wind back on a delay if that makes sense. generally larger fixed bearings feel kind of slow in general.

Im digging the A blank, D blank and the mr85 so far. i can probably adjust things a bit to make the others work a bit better as well but lots to do not nearly enough time. I think the bearing locks will be my go to for c bearings.

Yeah message me if you have any request and we can work something out. I just want to cover replacing the stamps before the wife realizes i used them all and maybe have a few coins to toss at my next roll of filament but im happy to just do a break even on these as there really isn’t a good way for me to charge by hours without discounting my time significantly anyway and the mcmaster blanks and such are like 1.50 ish per so i feel it would be really lame to get anywhere near what they are charging for some plastic parts that i “borrowed” the cad files for

2 Likes

Where do yall store your blanks

3 Likes

Also printed a batch of mr85 and a batch of c blanks today

5 Likes

Those look perfect. How do they play?

2 Likes

The blanks I got from McMaster-Carr work great so far. Especially on the RBC.

2 Likes

I bet I need to get some solid metal blanks on sized other than d and c

2 Likes

Your prints look awesome as well. Please let us know how they perform!

1 Like

Because the filament makes a rough grain effect it plays a bit like a wood sleeve. A snappy response. Almost better if they are a tad wider.

2 Likes