Looking for some recommendations please

Any recommended bearing? Also does anyone happen to know what size axle the yoyofactory shutter, replay pro and magic YoYo skyva have?

Thank you

2 Likes

The yoyos you listed all use what the yoyo world calls a Type C bearing, the dimensions are (.250 x .500 x .187). If you go to the yoyos page on the YoYoExpert store, click specs, it will tell you what size bearing each yoyo uses.

I personally don’t usually go out of my way to change bearings from what comes in a yoyo. Many people prefer centering bearings over flat bearings, and, most unresponsive yoyos come with centering bearings. One Drop (an American company that makes all its yoyos in their Oregon factory) is the exception, their yoyos come standard with flat bearings out of respect to Frank Difeo’s patent on the KonKave bearing he invented.

Here is a link to all the bearings available here at yoyo expert:

https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/yo-yo-bearings

2 Likes

Thank you for the help, do u happen to know any of the axle sizes for the yo-yos listed above?

1 Like

They’re all M4 metric axles.
Shutter uses a 10mm set screw
Replay Pro uses I believe a 16mm bolt that can’t be easily replaced unless you pop off the cap. If you do you can measure it yourself.
Skyva, not sure, but likely 10mm.

3 Likes

the VIP bearing is super cool. I use one with my shutter. I know they have them at billybobs_baitntackle.com, but I don’t know if yoyoexpert has them

1 Like

why is the word “yoyo tricks” in blocks for me?

2 Likes

It’s kind of like going into a Canon official forum and sending links to users to Nikon’s online store saying buy this camera. :slight_smile:

Part of the forum rules is to not link competing stores site address on here to others

3 Likes

This forum is part of the YoyoExert store / company - that is who runs it and keeps it going and makes it possible. To send people to other stores is…

3 Likes

It is against forum rules to link to other online yoyo stores, it is also rude since YoYoExpert hosts and pays for this forum.

4 Likes

ok thanks. i won’t do it again.

1 Like

You didn’t know so it’s alright :slight_smile:

1 Like

Buy a konKave from my buddy Frank here at yoyoexpert. You won’t be disappointed.

you mean people are actually supposed to read the forum rules? :rofl:

1 Like