Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I know there is a daily throw thread, but I didin’t see one dedicated for Fixed Axle Fridays. Today I’m going to be trowing a Duncan ProFly and ProYo. Lets see some pics ProFly%20ProYo

17 Likes

I am not skilled enough to really work the YYF Legend much. I learned Around the World and Forward Pass on the Butterfly (3 years ago) but modern yoyos have spoiled me so much that I can’t do much with fixed axle and would need a lot of practice to work ‘em.

15 Likes

Spinworthy Harbinger for Fixed Axle Friday for me.20180718_221223

17 Likes

What wood choice is that Harbinger?

2 Likes

Walnut. I have a very nice piece of it.

2 Likes

Hey guys…I have a fixed axle Legend but it feels so lie compared with my Gamer? Are there heavier feeling wood fixed axles better weighted than the Legend? I could sure try one if I knew?

3 Likes

Yeah there are absolutely heavier ones and @Glenacius_K can get you set up with one, but it really comes down to your fixed axle play style. Fixed has kinda taken on its own identity now where tricks don’t necessarily mirror regular 1a, so lots of fixed fans prefer lighter models, myself included. Works well for stalls, regens, flips, and stuff like that. All that being said, doing 1a tricks on a wooden yoyo is still a fun challenge so if that’s what you like, then maybe a heavier model would suit you well

4 Likes

I personally love the white oak Harbinger. It weighs in at about 58g but it feels so good to use.

3 Likes

Haha it’s Friday! Been throwing only these yoyo’s for about 2 weeks, especially orange and blue butterfly I built out of old parts
_MG_0841
_MG_0839
thanks for the sticker Glen!

11 Likes

I didn’t know @Glenacius_K had switched to plastic lathes :rofl:

5 Likes

I can actually lathe plastic!

4 Likes

ooooooooooooooIneedaplasticlathedfixedaxleyoyoifyoucanmakeone!!!

3 Likes

I definitely can. I just need some POM or acetal rod.

4 Likes

awesome! Where can you find that stuff?

1 Like

Ebay has it in 60mm diameter.

2 Likes

Awesome! I will pm you so I don’t clutter the thread!

1 Like

No problem, just bé aware it will cost a bit because the plastic is expensive.

2 Likes

Today I’m throwing the YYF Legend Wing. Nice and snappy. Hopefully @YOHANS will contiune the Confusion series with a plastic fix axle Confusion, that would be sweet for modern responsive play. Legend%20Wing%20Lunar YYF%20Legend%20Wing

11 Likes

That is a great photo of a fun yoyo! Thanks for posting that. The Legend series was built to connect modern players to the golden era of yoyo play. The Filipinos were innovators in the one-piece design guaranteeing a precise string gap. The wood axle helped generate high rpm and reliable response. If we did a modern plastic fixed axle it would have to employ a wooden axle. Plenty of plastic fixed axle designs in history with metal axles that simply left the player wishing for a wooden yoyo. Wood is the heart and soul of a good fixed axle.

15 Likes

That would be an awesome fixie, a wood
axled plastic Confusion. Like the old ProYos

2 Likes