Fixed Axle Friday Throws

The OUT pocket love in oak is the heaviest of my 5 fixies. Plays amazing. Feels premium.

4 Likes

Photo!

1 Like

This is how I feel about the Duncan Butterfly. Throwing it for a while makes me wish for wood again.

I’m working at using a strong plastic axle in a plastic fixed axle yoyo right now. So far, it seems to be working pretty well. You just need the right kind of plastic.

3 Likes

Pocket Love’s. OG and new run.

10 Likes

What’s the weight? It’s not mentioned in the shop here. Probably 53g or less?

2 Likes

My OUT walnut Cheap Thrills weighs in at 45g. This is my lightest yo, but it is also one of my best and has better spin times than my 53g Hildy Bro. 20181112_062003

6 Likes

5 Likes

Cool. After playing 66-68g throws when I got a Legend it felt like a cotton ball attached to a string. I am not skilled enough yet to throw such lightness.

4 Likes

Not sure about the weights, but the oak is much heavier than the walnut. I’d say the oak one is as heavy or heavier than the deep state. Walnut one is defiantly lighter than the deep state.

2 Likes

Walnut < maple < oak in terms of weight.

4 Likes

Love this Bloody Pocket Love made of bloodwood. This is what you call a work of art. It just feels like you have something really nice in your hand when you’re holding it.

20181114_005919

20181114_005804

20181114_005321

20181114_005419

14 Likes

This week I’m throwing a mid 2000s TK 3 and 1 Purgatory edition, as Ski Purgatory opens for the season tomorrow. This one weights a few grams more and is a little larger in diameter then the SF and BC versions of the 80s and 90s. Still a smooth wooden yo. 20181116_055302

11 Likes

Always really liked that edition, never saw one at a price I wanted to pay. Would probably mean more to me if I ever got to ride Purgatory.

Also jealous that your mountain is open. We’ve got weeks at least. Maybe more. I’m not optimistic. Snow level is way up.

1 Like

Well, you can’t throw that one, because it belongs to me, and that’s what I’m throwing!

4 Likes

Haha. I just used that photo as an example of the Harbinger I’m throwing.

2 Likes

It’s gotten darker…

1 Like

Oooh… Hand oil.

1 Like

That’s pretty much a Profly, which is nice…

1 Like

That makes sense, as it’s been in my hand a lot!

1 Like

Fresh Proflys are hard to come by these days.

1 Like