Fixed Axle February 2021

It’s here!
Time to get your focus fixed. Fixed axles are the most primal version of the yoyo, but that doesn’t prevent it from being sophisticated. You may think(as I once did), “only the basic sare possible on that guy”, but there’s so much more to it.
This is a place to celebrate the OG and allow it to innovate our existing styles with its flavor. Post your throws, progress, tricks and thoughts here - add to the party!

Learn to kick flip and free your mind.

14 Likes

Gonna kick things off today with my purpleheart SpinWorthy KNack.

Edited for a better picture😉

12 Likes

Such luck with the trades I have had lately, I found a Yoyofactory Legend Wing as a goodie in the box! Just in time for the Fixed Axle February. My first time throwing fixie and I am loving it! I don’t know how but I already have the basic stalls down, curious about how capable fixies are when it comes to string tricks, I guess that I will work on.

3 Likes

Here’s @anon17117379 tutorial on the kick flip. Pretty sure he says at the beginning that @ChrisFrancz suggested this one.

8 Likes

Sounds like Christopher ANsen? Def not me! I was like whuuuuuh?!?! Darn, not MY name.

4 Likes

My favorite fixed axle video!!! Enough here to keep us busy all month.

9 Likes

sometimes I hear what I want to hear I guess:smiley:

I’m happy to have got you on this thread now though.

Once again the time has come where a subset of the throwing population decides to eschew yoyos with bearings of any kind and devote an entire month to reconnecting with the roots of yoyo. It is a time when a more traditional form of yoyo play is embraced, a time where wooden, fixed axle yoyos take center stage and response is king. I wish you all a merry Fixed Axle February, and may all of your returns be snappy.

18 Likes

IT IS OUR TIME

26 Likes

Like last year im all in. No unresponsives for a month. I learned how to kickflip last year, and life has never been the same. I am eager to practice my 0A and elevate my yoyo game once again.

Can I request a post for a good dumptrucks tut? Ive seen one before and they look really fun, but just never learned it.

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAxk3Clkm5/

or

https://yoyoexpert.com/learn/610-fixed-axle-dumptrucks.php

:slight_smile:

9 Likes

I managed a few kickflips on this fellow today already.
No, guys, it’s not for sale.
20210201_112434_2

7 Likes

Awesome, thanks. You make it look so easy, I need to learn the motion.

1 Like

just do it literally ALL the time, to the extent that you’re unproductive in every other corner of your life and you ostracize everyone you know besides your wife who laughs at you, and it’ll start to feel completely natural.
small price to pay. :wink:

16 Likes

lol, it looks so easy, but when I try it the motion is just awkward. Though come to think of it, ive never tried to regenerate after a 180 degree rotation.

2 Likes

TMBRs Right on cue for Fixed axle Feb.!!!
Baldwin, LoveJoy, Irving

You rock @yoyoretro and the Gnome art is over the top awesome!!!

17 Likes

This would be my first year joining in!!:relaxed:

6 Likes

Let’s go!

14 Likes

0A EVERYDAY! I’m in!

5 Likes

Glad they arrived safely! Enjoy!

2 Likes