Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Spinworthy Harbinger , working on a kwijibo stall thing.20181228_133632

6 Likes

What happened to this cool wood burnination with the unicorn logo? It’s so awesome! :unicorn:

Plain wood with the subtle logo is cool too, don’t get me wrong.

8 Likes

Yeah that was V1 of the Harbinger. It was smaller with a slightly different shape and had either a lion or a unicorn burned onto the side. I like the subtle burning better.

8 Likes

Are you allowed to have a custom burn?

2 Likes

That depends what it is. If you can send it to me as a .jpg or .png I can burn it, but I can only burn it no larger than 40mm x 40mm.

3 Likes

This Friday I’m throwing a gem that has gone under the radar. This Hildy Brothers Azalea weighs in at 51grams at 60mm diameter with the purple heart inlays. Not many V shape fixies out on the market. What are the rest of you all throwing on this #fixedaxlefriday? 20190104_090815 20190104_090717

14 Likes

Ooh she gorgeous!!! I’m throwing my plastic from @Glenacius_K

8 Likes

That plastic has a crazy smooth play feel!

Wish I had one. Lol

4 Likes

I know it’s not fixed axle, I am still throwing around my 20ehTeen. But it does make me wonder, how does the Deep State compare to the 650B for fixed axle play?

9 Likes

Actually found two of these I had stashed away yesterday. I think I’ll put them up for sale for cheap.

6 Likes

Love the parquetry on the caps!

2 Likes

Can’t forget about this little guy either. By the way, how do you prefer your 3-in-1? Imperial or wing?

9 Likes

Never used one, would you believe it.

1 Like

When in doubt go Pagoda-yo!20190104_144324

9 Likes

Was able to get a spinning shot of this HB Azalea. The pattern in action.
20190104_093304

11 Likes

The Deep State and the 650B can handle a lot, if not most of the fixed axle tricks. The 650B is bigger and has an A sized bearing with a larger response pad compared to the Deep State and its recessed full sized C bearing. These are both fun yos but I prefer my Deep State over the Alley Cat at the present moment. However lately when I want to play responsive I’m gravitating to fixed axle yos. I also enjoy unresponsive play. There are so many yoyos and ways to play, they are all fun. Saturday I’ll have to spend some more time with my cat.20190104_200808

8 Likes

Thanks for the pics. It is nice to see side by side. Does one feel more like a fixed axle than the other to you? Recently I got into fixed axles, YYF Legend, EH 2018, No Jive 3in1. The Deep State just fits so nicely in my pocket and travel with me everywhere.

2 Likes

No, these are definitely ball bearing yoyos, with spin times to back that up. They are different, the bearing responsives can do some other sruff, like UFOs and Sidewinder tricks a lot more exaggerated and longer. Fixed axle has more focus on string tension and using that to manipulate play. The bearing yoyos like the string to be neutral.

3 Likes

Probably the Alleycat responds a bit quicker, and so maybe “feels more like a fixed axle”. Still, I’m in line with @Exmime, and also just like the Deep State better. Actually some of the slim-C ones have quicker response, but I find them more limited even than fixed axles, in that they don’t tolerate string layers very well.

Doesn’t hurt that this is my Deep State!

Imgur

I was playing my Oak Harbinger today. It’s my new favorite, overtaking my Walnut Harbinger!

8 Likes

That is a spectacular deep state!

3 Likes