Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I have been feeling sad too.

10 Likes

Do you have a lot of Hummingbirds? I recently started collecting them. I think they’re great, and they look amazing!

Heres what i have so far.

11 Likes

I need one of those in Purpleheart omg

I hadn’t heard this, very sad news. Dennis McBride tutorials were the way I learned how to do the basic old school tricks, he was a great teacher.

4 Likes

I have a few - during a couple of early shows I would have away Hummingbird seconds (now called b-grades) to everyone at the event. Only have a few of these left. Still have the gold award Hummingbirds and a sweatshirt that was won during two different contests. Then a few years back a collector attended a show and brought a box filled with Hummingbirds and gave them to me. He discovered I started with Hummingbirds growing up.

6 Likes

Great collection! The exotic wood Yo-yos are amazing. I only have the Cocobolo.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool! Is there any way to distinguish Hummingbird b-grades?

My favorite is the Zebra Wood It weighs 48 Grams. I have another that’s unidentified that weighs 74 grams!

1 Like

Remember when companies used to print phone numbers instead of websites??

16 Likes

Wonder if any of those numbers are any good. I talked to Brad Countryman on the phone for awhile a few years ago, its always fun to talk yoyo.

3 Likes

I was just having a conversation with someone the other day about how different commercials are these days. Used to be commercials were selling products of all sorts and services. Today it’s all of the different pills you need to ask your doctor about and this and that dot com.

1 Like

That starburst looks awesome.

1 Like

I’ve mentioned before my anxieties related to Triskaidekaphobia, so this Friday the 13th I’m just compounding my distress to make it a positive experience by playing this 2013 SPYY & TMBR eH :canada:

@edhaponik @colinleland @SCUBA_Steve

21 Likes

Happy Friday!

Todays FAF discussion: I think that the Pro-Z/Wood-Z shape is underutilized and under-explored. It’s a simple shape and yet is comfortable, holds excellent stalls with that high wall and has plenty of catch zone. This ratio of width to diameter makes it flip like a coin.

25 Likes

Economy Friday.

16 Likes

Wood-z is def on my “to buy” list. I’ve almost bought random Pro-z off Amazon just to check it out.

Happy Friday! Throwing the KNack.

21 Likes

Happy Friday! Throwing this lati Crop Circle Jr. today.
Love how its grains appear as if they’re woven.
This one plays buttery smooth and floaty.

25 Likes

:joy:

6 Likes

My Cherry XL is still a favorite, also a fan of the Pro-Z just need to re-lube my bearings, though I had one set up with a wooden bearing blank for a bit.

19 Likes

Hey! Happy Birthday btw @Ardeus!

3 Likes