Fixed Axle Friday Throws

Or your favorite modern slimline

2 Likes

The Irving is awesome because it has a knot hole on one side

2 Likes

Modded ash eH. I bashed this one into the ground and cracked the rim. So I whittled and sanded it down to a super-slimline. Really light but it works perfectly for a lot of my stuff.

15 Likes

It would be easy to gush about the new TMBR releases, but this week in the Favorite Yoyofactory Throw thread the Legend Wing got a lot of deserving praise and fan fare. @yyfben2.deactivated also enlighten us on its single piece of wood construction without the use of any glue, a design element dating back to Pedro Flores. I just recently picked up a DNA Pulsar Pack and got an amazingly engraved Plusar Legend Wing that just needs to be thrown today. The Legend Wing is one of the few throws I have several of extra ones lying around , so I can give them away as gifts and always have a fresh spare. It might not be a boutique wood, but I think it plays better than some and it comes in at a price point that makes having a contemporary fixie accessible to everyone. I even like the stock cotton strings they come with, overall a great value and a fun throw thank you YoYo Factory. @DocPop can really shred the Legend Wing Word to Your Mother

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some Legend Wing pics :camera_flash:

14 Likes

Huge fan of the Legend Wing and I LOVE that Pulsar version. I hadn’t seen it before.

7 Likes

This isn’t technically fixed axle… Yeah it is. But it’s a lot of fun and hurts less than the Deep State when it smacks my knuckles!! :joy:

Man, that Pulsar Legend Wing is fantastic. Do they sell it apart from the Pulsar pack?

5 Likes

Why don’t you think that is a fixed axle? Has it been modified?

3 Likes

ProYos are great fixed axles and I enjoy mine Fixed Axle Friday Throws. As far as Pulsar Legend Wings being sold separately , that would be a @yyfben2.deactivated or @YOHANS question, maybe they can answer us.

2 Likes

Technically it’s a wooden transaxle but still plays like a fixie. Yeah, it’s a fixie.

Gotta get my other fixie fixed!

6 Likes

The axle doesn’t spin though, therefore it’s a fixed axle :grinning:

5 Likes

Oh weird, I thought the wooden piece moved around the metal axle… The wooden bit was always stiff when I opened it up but I figured it was just stuck on the threads or something. Hah!

I can just blame it on my Fireball days, right!?!? :wink: Thanks!

3 Likes

My most responsive Deep State.
Reminds me of a pumpkin! :laughing:

]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[

]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[

7 Likes

22 posts were split to a new topic: What the Devil is This All About

chill yoyo + chill doggo

IMG_6415

15 Likes

Cool!
Now it’s time to do Walk The Dog!!

8 Likes

OG vs new survivalist. Both are super smooth throws

11 Likes

Which do you like better?

3 Likes

Well I am not a fan of the Wing but that is an AWESOME engraving without a freakin’ doubt :wink:

5 Likes

For normal 1a, the green machine rules, but for stall play cookies wins!

4 Likes

So i just started into fixed axle, and have a couple random questions:

1. Do I want the yoyo to sleep at all? I currently have my string triple looped so that it doesn’t sleep at all, but I’m not sure if that’s correct.
  2. Do I want my string short? Right now my string is around 40 inches (I’m 6’2 for reference)
  3. Do I have to be conscious of my string potentially breaking? Also, I feel like I read somewhere about replacing the axles; is that a thing?
4 Likes