What the Devil is This All About

Just got this fixie today from Fallen44

12 Likes

The blatant satanic themes of his products are super tacky imo. I’m sure they play fine, I’m just not into it.

7 Likes

I feel the same way, you’re not alone.

6 Likes

I don’t know why someone would choose such an off-putting theme for their yoyos. He must think it’s cool or something. Wrong.

4 Likes

I think he’s just all about that horror genre. It’s not my thing either, but it’s not hurting anybody and I’m not gonna hate on him for his aesthetic choices. I feel like the micro-community within a micro-community that is fixed axle is better off without those kinds of judgments.

I mean it’s not like they’re bedazzled.

13 Likes

That’s not classic horror genre, that’s blatant Satanist imagery and symbolism. And it’s tacky.

3 Likes

Even though I really don’t like the satanic/ horror theme, his yoyos look to be pretty good quality.

3 Likes

It’s a satanic kitten man, how can you hate kittehs?

Edit: I like horror movies so I’ve always enjoyed the unique melding of horror and yo-yo he’s doing. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I would throw a bedazzled No Jive over a yoyo with satanic scrawl on it any day.

1 Like

That’s great. He describes it as “horror themed handmade yo-yo’s and skill toys”. That one is literally called “Purraise Satan-kitty” so I think it’s probably a little tongue-in-cheek as opposed to actually espousing Satanic views.

But like I said the aesthetics don’t appeal to me and I’m not trying to sway you to like them. It’s just his thing.

5 Likes

I was joking. I’d throw a bedazzled No Jive over most things (other than non-bedazzled No Jives) any day.

4 Likes

This is all blatant satanic symbolism. I mean come on, it’s literally Baphomet, pentagrams and upside down crosses.

Even his logo is a pentagram! Whether he takes it seriously or not, this stuff is real, and it’s not a joke. I think it’s tacky because it’s irreverent of the truth that these things have real- deeply evil associations. This isn’t just “in good humor”.

I honestly don’t care if people agree with me, it’s tacky. I’m just calling it what it is.

7 Likes

:roll_eyes:
I’m sure you understand the nature of fact and opinion. “Tacky” is your own subjective evaluation of the style (Satanic or otherwise) that this guy is espousing. You’re saying “I don’t care if people agree with me… [you just have to agree with me because it’s a fact that it’s tacky]”. You call it tacky because it’s “irreverent of the truth”, but your perspective of “the truth” isn’t shared by everyone.

I agree that the symbols he’s using include some Satanic stuff. It’ll appeal to a few people and won’t to a few more. Regardless, it’s the vibe he’s going for.

Honestly, I’m 100% over this conversation, and I’m not going to defend the merits of an aesthetic which I don’t even personally find appealing. I just respect the guy’s right to put a pentagram on a yo-yo and call it horror style or whatever just as much as I’d respect someone putting “John 3:16” on one. You have EVERY right to find it tacky and to say so (as you have done, several times). But you calling it tacky doesn’t make it “what it is”. God bless.

13 Likes

Satanic kitten ftw!!

2 Likes

I just got it cuz I like cats :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Oh, it’s his gig for sure, and he is entitled to do what ever he wants to to with his brand. That’s his liberty.

I just think it is astonishing the level of tolerance blatant satanic imagery gets. We’re talking about satanism here, aka the worship of an entity who [in context] enjoys human destruction and the perversion of everything good… it is not a joke! And it is certainly not to be taken lightly.

I don’t dictate right and wrong, and I didn’t dictate what satanism is. Like I said, I’m just calling it what it is. I’m not desensitized to it, it is a profoundly sensitive subject.

That would be equally as tacky, and just plain vanity, honestly.

3 Likes

I dunno man, the church of satan is pretty dang progressive in the real world!

I tend to agree that the Fallen44 thing is a cosmetic “horror” aesthetic more than an expression of actual beliefs.

Still this is a prime candidate for a tangential side discussion that ought to maybe be moved to its own topic cc @vegabomb @jhb8426

7 Likes

lmao :heart:

I love this reply :smiley:

5 Likes