Fixed Axle Friday Throws

maple eH for the past few fridays. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Thanks for doing the @bandalores I enjoy and like every post :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Thanks for watching!

5 Likes

Happy Fixed Axle Friday, the old saying “Variety is the Spice of Life” nothing like going to extremes from Titanium to ProYo. I remember when I first threw a ProYo and thinking “this yoyo is so good” these are just consistent snappy loopers, easy to control and hop fences like galloping horses. Mine are not the original Playmaxx ProYo II, but can still Skin the Cat like @YOHANS in that one video. Since these are half swapped I might as well throw in a little 2A today as well to watch them flip and flop. Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to see how far you’ve come. But most of all, All YoYos are Fun

20190426_120124

20190426_120220

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

7 Likes

I have a Luftverk Daytona, it’s setup responsive. It’s so close to the shape/size of a Walter. But because of it being titanium, for the most part I don’t have to worry about it. Walk the dog, give it to kids to try and play with, etc. There’s almost nothing that is going to damage it. It’s almost the perfect EDC responsive yoyo.

Just need the guys at CoreCo to make a ti Alleycat :drooling_face:

8 Likes

Has CoreCo ever made a titanium anything?

3 Likes

Not that I’m aware of.

3 Likes

Ok, we need to get a petition for coreco to make a Ti Alleycat 650B, who’s with me?

7 Likes

@RandyJ Ti Alleycat please??? Maybe a mash up of the OG and the 650B?

5 Likes

Had to dig into my storage box for this bad boy, but it’s so worth it!

15 Likes

That is a beautiful @edhaponik 3 and 1, a prize in any collection.

5 Likes

Throwing my Ballsy today.

3 Likes

I’m feeling rather inspired by #5AMay, so today why not enjoy #fixedaxlefriday with a counterweight. Today I’m throwing Duncan and one of my favorites the ProFly with 100% cotton YYE Type-10 of course and a Duncan yellow bouncy ball. More challenges equals more tricks.

Have a good #fixedaxlefriday YYEF :call_me_hand:let’s see some pics :camera_flash:

7 Likes

7 Likes

Big news for TMBR and Fixie Fans New fixed axles from TMBR - The Carlson & Carlson CS!

6 Likes

I’m excited for all of the new TMBR releases. The Carlson CS is in my top 5. Today I’m also throwing one of TMBRs first releases the Irving. Compared to my Carlson this one is bare bones and as minimalist as they come. Even with its simplicity it’s also an an amazing player and has that TMBR magic that makes everything feel easier. I love this quote from YoYo Wiki “many consider TMBR yo-yos to be so good, they are “cheating” at fixed axle. This is mostly due to the fact that they can be tuned up for unresponsive play. The use of TMBRs is sometimes even prohibited in fixed axle competitions because of that.” I really can’t contest to that, but I do know I really enjoy all of my TMBRs, they are all just so good.

20190510_085613

20190510_085359

The Irving’s profile is very similar to the Alley Cat 650B

13 Likes

The Carlson’s look so good! Bought a Morrow last night, a new/updated design that Colin came up with. Thinking it’s going to be added to fixed axle rotation this year.

4 Likes

This is a good year for TMBR fans forsure :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Sure is! With Colin taking an entire year dedicated to making yoyos! He’s in with Basecamp this year, and I’m sure there will be a lot of new really great products from him this year!

7 Likes

Looks more like a Deep State to me?

I am a huge anti-fan of the wood thread hub stuff. It’s just… not a good idea in my opinion.

3 Likes