Fixed Axle Friday Throws

I have both… RBC is a very unique responsive really amazing. Get one if you can.
el MiJo is a a great unresponsive slim line (slimmer then most) and can turn into a great slim responsive, and a legit Fixed axel. I would recommend both honestly. (I would grab 2 el MiJo just to have one set up fixed and one set unresponsive).

6 Likes

All you ordering the El Mijo are in for some fun.

9 Likes

The El Mijo is listed as unavailable. I must have missed out. :wink:

I found one on the interweb. Wahoo They are still available.

Maybe YoYoExpert can restock???

3 Likes

Thanks for that input, Mike - I am on the fence about how to set mine up. Should be fun checking out all the options!

3 Likes

I ordered the new mijo from zgrt’s site. Looks like preorders end by noon today bro!

4 Likes

I believe yye will be getting some of the new run of el MiJo… and I’m pretty sure there are some of the original run left on anther site as well feel free to pm me if you want.

2 Likes

What are the differences between the original and the new run?

Thank you.

1 Like

Different type of aluminum
Few grams lighter.

2 Likes

Price and colorways too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

First run was AL7 second is AL6… both runs well have all 4 bearings (unresponsive, responsive, fixed and flat unresponsive i think, ) 2 axels and a bearing tool remover… the tool on the new run is also diffrent but I’m not certain how cause i didn’t get it yet.
Al6 is a few grams lighter as was mentioned and the ano are diffrent. @jeduardo can confirm or correct me on all this.

5 Likes

Correct, first run was aluminum 7075 and came with 2 unresponsive bearings 5 mm wide, 1 responsive bearing 3 mm wide, 1 blank bearing and a bearing removal tool we made in collaboration with yoyolab.

El MiJo 6061is aluminum 6061 and comes with 1 unresponsive 5 mm wide bearing, 1 responsive 4 mm wide bearing, 1 responsive 3 mm wide bearing, 1 blank bearing and an improved version of the first bearing removal tool.

First bearing removal tool:

New improved tool (it has holes in both ends in case the bearing is on the side where the axle is located):

12 Likes

When in doubt on a Friday, just keep it clean

26 Likes

Simple perfection…

2 Likes

1st Friday of 5A May, after doing this 5A Lunar Stall Grip for a couple years now it is actually feeling more natural with the Index and Yo-Yo Finger pinch, Duncan ProFly, YYF Bulk Cotton and a Yellow Duncan Bouncy Ball.

22 Likes

Today I’m playing this orange vintage Butterfly from around 1994, some Owen Ekblad Signature Kitty, and a TMBR Lil’ Barrel. Frontside 5A Lunar Stall, same pinch as the Sidestyle or Backside if you know some Yonomicon theory.

16 Likes

This cherry Spinworthy Knack XL just came today, and it’s snappy!

20 Likes

Funny coincidence, my spectra knack arrived today (and it matches my bloodcell).

22 Likes

That KNack on the left looks well-loved.

2 Likes

I just got it from the BST today. There are a couple of marks on it but it otherwise feels like it’s in good shape. I assumed the rawish areas were just artifacts of the material since there are some similar variations on the purple side of my bloodcell… If anyone but you said something I wouldn’t have given it a second thought.

1 Like

Actually it could well be just the material. Sometimes as you cut deeper into thw layers, the dye hasn’t penetrated.

4 Likes