Fixed Axle Friday Throws

That’s funny. I never noticed that, but mine has different engraving. My favorite apostrophe disaster is this place:

5 Likes

Unless the guy who owns it has the name ‘Tire’.

9 Likes

Guys actual name turns out to be Steve Tire. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Names his children Michelin and Toyo…

Balding is hereditary.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing ed! I enjoyed this read. :heart:

6 Likes

I have been really enjoying these two:

The Survivalist has the limited stepped-response, which makes it a stall master. I really like the size and weight of this yoyo and it has been going everywhere with me over the last 2 months. Hoping to maybe try one with the standard hole response at some point so that I can compare the performance attributes.

The ash 2018 eH is pure unique joy. While anticipating its arrival, I was chatting with @Exmime and he happened to mention that it was “sporty”. I get it now, it’s big and light but yet very powerful and nimble. It feels like a high performance wood fixie! I’ve been really enjoying throwing it this week!

21 Likes

Happy Friday yall!!

23 Likes

Playing just a beautiful SF era Clean Machine from a broken up heirloom box and cotton Type 8. What TK No Jive dreams are made of.

23 Likes

Testing out some new string with this one today.

21 Likes

Fortunate enough for another high county yoyo coffee break, this morning I’m at the Continental Espresso Bar at the top of the Great Divide, will be skiing down the otherside with this TK No Jive Purgatory Dark 2 Concave.

21 Likes

Legend Wing and Butterfly XT with Big Fun caps. I’d been looking to find a way to improve pull starts on the Butterfly XT since I learned to do it capless (by holding onto the hub tightly), and these caps help a lot.

15 Likes

Been playing this one since yesterday and have had it for a while, I have always thought of a thread to share it in. I actually physically bought this one at a Toy R’ US years ago when getting back into yo-yo and remember thinking, Yomega those use to be pretty good. So technically not a fixed axle, and Bandai use to call these PBs (Plastic Bearing) but in todays world of modern Yo-Yo, maybe this Trans-Axle in now more considered to be Axle-Fluid. I’m not playing it stock with a recommended double loop, I added some Tom Kuhn Turbo Disc to give more consistent response and probably a drop of Brain-Lube a few years ago, I think it’s laced with some Slick-6. Its not quite vintage but defiantly retro, this Yomega Fireball is actually really smooth and with my current 0A trick set is a rather fun jam and capable of more than just loop outs, but Yeah It Loops Out.

27 Likes

Wow that’s lovely

1 Like

I think I would have kept my Fireball from the 90’s if it would have had that graphic design.

4 Likes

Fab graphics! The shape is very reminiscent of the Magic YoYo D1.

1 Like

Tall cup of Kefir and a fixed el MiJo.

21 Likes

Cool shot bro! Just ordered el new mijo today. Can’t wait to throw that boy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Gotta love that pre-sale! I have the teal one on the way …

3 Likes

Looks similar to an RBC.

2 Likes

Ordered the deep red one

1 Like

Similar concept bro! The mijo seems to be more versatile IMO. :star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes