What you HATE about yoyoing

I just remembered: I hate it when trying to do a 4A throw but the string is tangled so the yoyo comes back and smacks you in the hand.
Painful.

I hate getting a bunch of tiny holes in my shirt from dinging my yoyo against my belt buckle.

3 Likes

That they’re like Pokémon, gotta catch ‘em all.

You could say they have their ups and downs… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hate that I want to try every yoyo out there, but lack the means to do so. :confounded:

Hate? It’s yoyoing. Yoyoing is never worthy of hate.

2 Likes

I used to have this problem really bad!

I made a post about the solution i finally found Here

Personally, the part that I hate is when I cannot choose the times I have available for me to buy the yoyo I am looking for. Sometimes I may have been looking for a certain yoyo for a year or two, and the BOOM, there it is, and I have to buy it now. It doesnt care about any bills or other obligations like food, or gas I may need at the moment, nope. It has to be bought, and bought right this moment.

I hate that feeling of feeling forced to act right now, and the panic of someone else on the prowl gonna scoop it up before I can.

Here lately, preorders has done wonders relieving this stress for me, but that only works for upcoming drops. Old retired ones are a real hunt thats simply gonna take time.

1 Like

Yeah, if you’re not watching B/S/T like a hawk, chances are someone else will scoop up that old retired model you’ve been looking for. I’m sure that will happen for the one yoyo I’m still on the lookout for. sigh.

Most yoyos sit around for at least a few days, often longer. Especially more so now compared to 5-10 years back since the market is so saturated.

I’ve never had a problem finding a yoyo on the BST unless it’s pretty rare or really old, which isn’t that often

What are you on the prowl for?

A G2 Banshee 2018, preferably in a solid gold finish, though I don’t even know if they were ever made with that finish.

I’ve seen over 10 G2 banshees(not all 2018 but a few were) over the past few weeks and some of them just sit there for a while. As a matter of fact, I’m pretty sure I saw one or two that were still up for sale just the other day.

Take a look at the YoYo BST & Talk group on Facebook, that’s where most of it goes down

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the tip!

I don’t recall ever seeing a gold colorway but @andy569 is correct. As of late, they have been available for a couple days or more in some cases. And I do like them a lot myself. I have a brown version. Wasn’t sure I’d like brown but when I got it, I realized it was almost the same color as my Dad’s old ‘83 F150 that he had when I was a kid. Now I love it

I would have to say there are things that annoy me more than hate. I hate any dings on my throws. I hate not having enough money for all the throws I would like because like any yo-yoer I am a collector and want some throws just because the colorway they come in. I hate the exclusivity of some companies and their throws. It’s such a bummer how you have to have the money right then when some throws release or you are not getting one. I hate that there are not actual physical stores any where near me, and I live in Los Angeles, that sells yo-yos. The online stores are great but I am super impatient when I want what I want and the ship times sometimes drive me crazy. Plus it would just be nice to be able to see some things in person before buying.

When ur innocently yoyoing and your bearing starts screaming and becomes responsive.

Not hate, but things that bug me:

• Maintenance
  • Yoyos that i actually want going out of stock
  • 2A
  • The prices
  • Magic Drop (learn it but still annoying)
  • Walking the dog
  • Dings on concrete (wood/carpet/grass is not as bad)
  • Breaking skyvas
  • The Edge Beyond being 150 bucks
  • Strings worth over a dollar each
  • Shipping
  • Snags
  • Bearings getting rusty
  • Unshileding a bearing but losing the shield
  • Spilling lube everywhere
  • Losing and Stripping axles
  • Untunable mass vibe
  • Old string
  • String burn
  • Overpriced (umm yyr, something)
  • $10 yoyos that don’t even sleep
  • Regretting every purchase i make within a week
  • Testing spin time
  • Really sticky finishes
  • Loud out-of-the-box bearings
  • Pads falling out because they’re too big
  • Banging a metal yoyo on a finger unexpectedly
  • Not knowing the owner of SF
  • No stickers
  • Thick lube
3 Likes

When I first started it was like that, no one in my hometown, it wasn’t until I moved to Georgia that I got to meet other yoyoers/throwers in real life.

1 Like

Deciding if I should expand or shrink my collection

1 Like

How many do you have?