Most unsatisfying yoyo experience?

Got a 100 pack of kittystring in the mail the other day, was extremely bored so naturally I decided to count how many strings there were. …There was 98

What unsatisfying things have happened to you?

22 Likes

reading this post…

26 Likes

I think after undoing a knot and the next throw is a knot is not my favorite

20 Likes

Not getting a YYE sticker with one of my packages last year.

WORST MAIL DAY EVER!

haha I mentioned it on the forums and @YoYoExpertGarrett totally sent me a sticker through the mail! :heart: BEST MAIL DAY EVER!

19 Likes

Just opened my Markmont special edition colorway AL Butterfly that I got like 2 months ago and the bearing is seized…
Also if you ever email Duncan customer support… I had an issue with my Big Fun, reached out, and even pressed them, was told they’d make it right, nope.

7 Likes

In general, any time I randomly “forget” how to do a trick. Every now and then I go to do a trick that I can do well and it’s just gone. It comes back to me sooner or later, but that drives me nuts.

More specifically, I’ll admit I was pretty underwhelmed by the Basecamp Moonshine 2.0. Heard so much about it being a great modern responsive, but out of the box it wasn’t super responsive when I wanted it to be yet was snappy during play. It has probably busted my knuckles more than all other yoyos I own combined. I keep giving it a shot, but I just don’t trust it. Been thinking about messing with the response, but meh. Just glad I scooped one up for at a steep discount as “dead stock” during the recent May sale and didn’t pay full price.

11 Likes

Someone at MWR like 2014 or 15 asked to use my bvm2. Looked so clean and was minty and smooth. He had alot of jos in good condition so I i said why not. He proceeded to walk the dog

21 Likes

thats horrible bro :pensive:

This one time I threw a breakaway using my Legacy and the string snagged and gave me black eye :woozy_face:. Went to school the next day and told everyone I got into a fight. And that I won.

Not only did I lie to everyone… but my Legacy went from mint to near mint… sighh

10 Likes

I rarely share my throws for reasons like this

2 Likes

You won buddy.

1 Like

losing my ghost pyro a month after getting it.

14 yo me was devastated.

Finally found a new one that’s coming in to replace her though ))

8 Likes

I commend you, that would have been an exercise in self-restraint on my part. I say this jokingly, but, unless we are talking about a little kid, I would expect people at a yoyo contest to know better than to use walk the dog as their go to trick when trying other people’s yoyos. It is just polite to be careful with someone else’s toys.

I remember going to the YoYo Expert table with my son at contests and Throwdowns. The answer when asking to try a yoyo was “if you ding it, you bought it”.

6 Likes

Nationals 2013 someone came up to me while I was practicing and the interaction was very bizzare:

Kid: hey you’re Josh Yee yeah?
Me: yep! That’s me
Kid: cool…
He continues to watch me do some 5a tricks
Kid: I really don’t like your 5a
Me: thrown off for a second, responds: “well I don’t like your 1a”
Kid: everyone loves my 1a
Me: well not everyone obviously cause I don’t

The kid stands there giving me a death glare for a good 20 seconds while I look back at him and it was the most awkward 20 seconds of my life. He suddenly made a weird lunge motion like he was gonna try to jump at me but didn’t, and he kind of awkwardly glared at me while rocking back and forth trying to figure out if he wanted to fight it seemed like .

After about a minute of this weird staring match, I began yoyoing again and he walked away.

24 Likes

Failed rejections are the most unsatisfying thing ever.

Unclean sucides also. I’d rather fail the suicide than catch it unclean.

8 Likes

Like this?

9 Likes

Lol I love it when kids are pills

2 Likes

Every single one of those was clean. I was talking about catching a twisted loop.

Also, love the UO hoodie, such a throwback.

4 Likes

I usually grab my edc before I go out daily… it’s almost “clockwork “ like everyday…
This day I picked up my edc & gave it a throw towards my dining room like always…
“Only this time”the Yoyo flew down and off the end of my string in one motion and traveled quickly into the wall! OMG!
Ruined my day!

6 Likes

I also picked up a Moonshine 2 during the May sale, and I agree with everything you said about it. Inconsistent response is the worst problem for a yoyo to have in my opinion, so I would have been a bit disappointed even if I hadn’t gone in with high expectations. I’m hoping that lubing the bearing will make it more reliable, but I haven’t gotten around to trying it yet.
My other issue with it is the high weight. I’m sure my opinion would be different if I were more skilled and had better control over the yoyo, but 64g of aluminum on a size A bearing comes back with a lot of force. Accidental snags are very punishing on a hard throw.

2 Likes

Import taxes.

Spending far too long in the early days thinking how important things are such as gear.

10 Likes