Most unsatisfying yoyo experience?

All well said. My expectations for it were probably unrealistic, but I don’t even love it for $20. Lubing should help the tug response, but not sure it won’t make the tendency to snag even worse. Punishing sums up the combo of the weight and snagginess.

4 Likes

I said the same in another one of these threads. At best you end up with the yo-yo awkwardly flopped over your hands, but often you’ve got several twisted wraps around the axle and have to stop to fix it.

Any time I have to stop and fix something.

Hopping the wrong way out of a GT.

Snaggy binds. Loose binds.

5 Likes

I’m feeling you. $$$$$$

Most unsatisfying experience?

Paying for a yoyo, then getting ghosted by the seller.

13 Likes

Let’s find him and then make it even. Send his mail to Guam.

just got done making my string rig!!! heres are my first string…

6 Likes

Back in the day, I loved the aesthetics of the Hot-Yo Chili. I knew there would come a time I would own one and I finally did. I picked one up in mint condition, got it, played it and wowzers!
Imagine going four wheel driving over huge logs, rocks and mud puddles, driving twice as fast as would be warranted and on top of that, running a jack hammer in the vehicle. Yup that’s about how smooth this baby was. I played it for about 2 years and then just sent it to @yoyospirit so he could practice his magic on it.

I gifted it to him for fodder or modding practice or whatever and never saw it again! :wink:

8 Likes

wow… Must play like butter

3 Likes

Always wondered about the hotyo stuff. Glad I never pulled the trigger after reading this.

3 Likes

I have to agree with this one, this is the worst.

4 Likes

Usually for me though my most unsatisfying yoyo experience starts just after a satisfying experience and ends with a bitterly satisfying experience.

It normally goes like this.
“Yes I am finally nailing this smooth and consistent (in my eyes)”
-Turns on Camera-

-Turns off camera-
“trick lands…”

10 Likes

That’s strange. Last year I bought a new Duncan Freehand from a seller on a well known auction site (I’m in the UK) which had fairly significant pulse vibe. I tried tuning it with the old rotating the hex bolt into all possible combinations of positions method (a lengthy and tedious process) but with only marginal success.

The eBay seller had closed his account, so I emailed Duncan asking them if there was anything else I could try to smooth it out - I didn’t ask for a replacement, just for some advice. They asked me to send some photos, which I assume was to check that I hadn’t damaged it in some way, so I took some pics and sent them off.

To my surprise, they immediately offered to send me a new one which arrived in the post a week later from their headquarters in the US. They even threw in some string and a set of the aluminium weight rings!

10 Likes

Idk why I find this so funny, I wish I was there to see it :joy:

4 Likes

like a cheetah…

2 Likes

Bought a high end boutique yoyo, response pads were terrible and it was dang near impossible to bind, and the bearing seized up, so within the first week of getting this $100+ yoyo I had changed the response pads and the bearing. Pretty unsatisfying.

2 Likes

Buying into all the Hyperbole and Vaporware in regard to a known “Legacy” yoyo to be released, then finding out that the Factory completely butchered its DNA by way of manufacturing it in China.

Some Legacy yoyo that one turned out to be…Inbred!

1 Like

Haha, I did try to send it back to ya

3 Likes

As a kid - having yoyos fly apart on me…happened with my Yomegas so I was constantly cranking them down tight. Little did I know, I was stressing out the hub of the yoyo and eventually cracking them. This particularly happened on the Brain yoyos.

Before I smartened up and bought string in bulk, when I was learning, getting a knot in the string was devastating. Especially ones that were too tight to undo. I also wasn’t buying online at the time. I was forced into 2 things - learned how to twist my own strings (time consuming but it worked for the time), and learned to be patient and untie those knots. Of course over time I got better at not knotting up my string.

Recent times - grabbing a yoyo that has been in my pocket all day unthrown, go to give it a throw and find that there’s a snag…or when I grab a yoyo that has a snag in it off my desk (that I forgot had a snag) and getting a nice knuckle buster. Safety throws first, guys!

Lastly, a little heartbreaking but seeing my trickcircles get downvoted on Reddit while others get all the attention and feedback. I don’t share on there anymore and prefer to just share here what I call home - this forum :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Throwing a Lesula once.

10 Likes

Throwing a Rev-G

3 Likes