What you HATE about yoyoing

There’s lists and lists of threads of all the fluffy, positive, happy sides of yoyoing, but not many venture into the not so pretty parts of being a yoyoer.

We all love yoyoing, obviously, but there’s always that little annoying thing that can make you want to destroy your yoyo. Here’s the place to list them.

I can’t stand bearings. They are my No.1 hate of all time. No matter which one I buy, no matter how much I pay,
they all get gritty and responsive in a week or two. OneDrops seem to be the least hateable, but I don’t enjoy flat bearings in my YYRs.

I hate my fingers. Constantly getting string burn and drying out, and are complete wimps that can’t even withstand 5 hours of yoyoing. They are getting better though, since I stopped resorting to annoying gloves.

Well those are my top two hates, and that’s about it.
What annoying things about yoyoing makes you want to practice the “dingola” out on the street with your yoyo?

2 Likes

Well for one thing all the yoyos i have tried haven’t been what i really want out of a yoyo.
I Also am on this elusive hunt for a string i once tried but have no clue where it went.

I hate how yoyoing eats my wallet

6 Likes

I sometimes start yoyoing, and my feet get a little tired, “Just a little longer then I’ll sit down for 5 or 10 minutes.” Five minutes later, I get a headache. “I really should stop, my head is killing me.” And so on. That is really annoying.

I hate how many throws I want ;D

But really, I hate the fact that if your hands slip just a little too far down, you’ve just dinged the poo out of your, in my case, $100+ yoyo. That’s why I bought the Regen the minute it launched, to kill that negative, and since I’ve been able to actually yoyo in public now, I’ve dinged the Regen twice in as many days of ownership, just small ones, but ones I’m glad are on a $45 plastic

I also hate string burn… cleaning bearings is pretty annoying… it can be a bit embarrassing to throw in public, especially if you’re not exactly the best (like me)

I hate how limited CLYW’s releases are :stuck_out_tongue:

Ummmm… I am honestly nitpicking besides the whole ding thing, which is my only legit hate.

1 Like

I hate yoyoing because it won’t return to my hand when I throw it down.

2 Likes

I hate it how every yoyo I want is discontinued :frowning:

3 Likes

When you go for a front bind, miss the string, and then hit your belt buckle or tender man parts.

Also bearing cleaning.

2 Likes

I hate the first time I pull out my yoyo around people who aren’t used to seeing me do it, and whatever prior conversation was occurring gets completely derailed and I have to put on a little show for them where I do flops and grinds and Eiffel towers and whatnot and explain about ball bearings and binds etc.

I mean, I don’t hate it. I kinda like it sometimes, and of course I understand that it’s a novelty to people. But it’s a bummer to not be able to just sneak a few quick throws in casually around people, the way I can around the people I’m close to (for whom the novelty has long since worn off).

2 Likes

i dont like that im not at the point where i can completely understand the language of yoyo. i learn something new with every ‘other persons’ trick, but i cant wait until im fluent and can truly express myself and make up some tricks. its like wanting to be a songwriter but only being able to play other peoples music, or a writer who can only read others’ books.

I don’t really hate anything about yoyoing. I don’t spend much money on it, I don’t really care for string burns. Sure I have been hit by yoyos a lot. I hate when I hate yoyoing and I’m bored of yoyoing.

How bad I’ve gotten at it.

I am not too fond of hitting myself in the face… which is known to happen from time to time.

1 Like

String tension… Other than that I hate when I get a knot. I also hate the wait of the delivery times.

I hate it when the strong gets twisted and when I yoyo in front of people who have not seen a yoyo since they were a kid and to them that is exactly what it is

1 Like

What do I hate about yoyoing, you ask? Nothing… absolutely, nothing.

3 Likes

I don’t really hate anything.

I dislike not having the funds for everything I’d like to buy, but I can’t complain about my collection at all.

About the only other complaint would be discontinued throws or good companies that are no longer around. Just kinda sucks knowing I’ll likely never find a mint version of some throws, and if I do they’ll likely be priced exorbitantly.

But, you can’t have it all, and I’m happy with what I’ve got.

1 Like

There’s stuff I hate about yoyoing? I had no idea!

1 Like

this
http://i.imgur.com/XqZQ3fU.jpg
aaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

6 Likes

3A to the face. One of my braces broke LOL Im not doing tangler again anytime soon
Also when you try to do an awesome 3A bind maybe from like double trapeze and bro and it doesn’t bind.
I hate most is running out of response pads >.< HALP I DONT HAVE ANYMORE CAN SOMEONE SEND ME LIKE FREE ONE DROP PADS CUZ PEOPLE SAY THEYRE COOL