Weird Yoyo Habits

Odd thing I’ve noticed about me, but I realized I won’t buy a throw new without some sort of marking on it…

Whether it be a symbol, engraving, word… something.

I absolutely love the look of the Elysium by Few and Far Between, and have wanted one for awhile, but never pulled the trigger. I always felt like something was missing. I finally realized what it was… a clear identifiable marking on it.

Idk… maybe I’ll get over it someday and buy one.

I knew a guy who always put his yoyo’s away with the string loosely wound, never tight like after a good bind. He insisted it “saved the string.”

Does anyone else have odd yoyo habits?

9 Likes

Ok now that you mention it, I do have an aversion to putting a throw back on the rack after a very tight bind. If it binds tight, I throw and bind it again so it’s just “snug” before hanging it back up.

Then if it’s wrapped all to one side, I throw it again until it’s just “snug” and centered nicely as well.

I’m not sure if this is an obsession with keeping my strings neat or just an excuse to get a few more throws in before stopping.

Ivan

13 Likes

Ever since I first started throwing when I was less than half the age I am now, I’ve had a habit of stretching the finger loop around one of the yoyo halves like this before putting it away:

19 Likes

I have a strong compulsion to clean bearing recesses and recovery recesses to the point where I can clean them without a speck of dust, and I consider that medical grade.

11 Likes

What do you do?

1 Like

clean dusty yoyo cup interior.

7 Likes

i tie a knot on all my string ends before i cut them at length. it keeps the fray away and subconsciously reinforces that my yoyo will never go flying off my finger because the string slipped out…. been doing it since i started out lol

24 Likes

aye igot that exact yoyo!

1 Like

good taste my good man

1 Like

That reminds me, another thing I do is leave the string a little long after the knot so I can intentionally fray it out for mad style points.

Ivan

21 Likes

I wouldn’t consider putting a knot in the string to prevent fraying to be “weird”, it just seems practical.

8 Likes

Intentionally fraying it is definitely weird though.

6 Likes

It looks cool tho

2 Likes

Anything with a gap smaller than 4.5mm~ gets silicone recess or one pad taken out as soon as I get them usually.

I never buy splashes.

3 Likes

I save all my bearing shields

I don’t know why

13 Likes

I saved my bearing shields until I had a large enough collection of them that if I decided to reshield my bearings, I could, so I toss out any I remove now. I guess I’ve broken this habit.

5 Likes

Same

3 Likes

I never considered this a weird habit until this exact moment. And now I’m left deeply questioning why I have a bag of bearing shields sitting around…

20 Likes

Maybe we keep them as a subconscious reminder of the struggle and pain of removing them :rofl:

13 Likes

This is so funny! I had about half that before I trashed them.

I still wonder… they have to be super difficult to put back on. YA?

Not so much wierd but more preference… no half swaps, no splashes and mininal markings! I guess I like them clean. Saturday Market is as crazy as it gets.

6 Likes