What does your spouse or girlfriend / boyfriend think of your yoyoing?

If I ask really nicely, she’ll let me use her throw.

28 Likes

My wife is cool about it. She finds it a little ridiculous but recognizes what it means to me. She doesn’t care about the yoyoing itself at all, but I think she likes the aspects of my personality which are DRAWN to yoyoing (if that makes sense).

16 Likes

My girlfriend loves it :joy:. Really supportive

8 Likes

Yeah that’s worded really well. My girlfriend couldn’t care less about yoyoing in general but that fact that it is different and makes me a little unique is what I think she likes.

4 Likes

And I would add that it doesn’t MAKE you unique (certainly not in her eyes), but is a manifestation of YOUR uniqueness, you know? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

She has always supported & even participated in my passion…she is not supportive at all when it comes to buying/collecting throws…but I manage to buy a few under $100 per year…
Yes…she has a couple of her own personal throws too!

5 Likes

They think my yoyo’s get more love than them!

2 Likes

My wife thought I was possibly suffering some type of mental breakdown when I started habitually throwing a toy around our living room. This was a sharp contrast to my other hobbies, which are all redneck traits. Shooting for practice and the fun of it, regularly killing our dinner, hunting as much as possible but only to harvest for meat. Got a lot in common with Ted Nugent and Phil Robertson you might say. So yeah man it was totally outta the blue and she was concerned, but now that she sees the therapeutic benefit it has on me, she’s down with it

13 Likes

My wife is cool with it, she’s not interested in it nor does she find it annoying. To her it’s just another activity going on in a very active household. I do catch her smiling at me sometimes though when she sees me getting frustrated or teaching my kids what little I know, she says the little quirks like that are the things she loves about me. I think the only hobby I have that she isn’t a fan of is forging and knife making, mostly because she hates the smell of ground steel on me, and how much of my time gets consumed in the garage when I get lost in a new project

7 Likes

My wife accepts it as one of my many personality quirks. She doesn’t seem to really care one way or another about it, but, every now and again will comment along the lines of “it seems like you’ve been doing those same tricks forever, are you trying to learn anything new?” – not in a mean way, just in her way of letting me know that she does sometimes watch when I’m yoyoing. When I do show her a new (to me) trick, she give her honest opinion.

4 Likes

:fire:

That’s actually a pretty high level of paying attention.

4 Likes

She loved it so much that she broke up with me

6 Likes

My fiancé is cool with it, even gets excited when she sees new elements.

She just doesn’t want me spending too much money on toys, but she is supportive.

5 Likes

I’m single atm but honestly yoyo is the least of my concerns when it comes to my lifestyle and dating

3 Likes

Same here

3 Likes

I’ve started teaching my girlfriend how to bind. Will have to start teaching her tricks like brain twister or something since she catches on quick.

3 Likes

If she doesn’t like the sound of the bearings, it would give you a reason to get an edge beyond :wink:. 7:u55b6:

2 Likes

It plays very quiet. One of the only throws I can play with around my family without driving them nuts.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember that video. Haha, at least maybe I’ll get some of those NSK bearings…

1 Like

Suuuuper good bearings

2 Likes