What does your spouse or girlfriend / boyfriend think of your yoyoing?

I’m a single guy but I wonder what your significant other thinks about your yoyoing. Do they like it? Do they just tolerate it? Do they support you? Do they think it’s strange? Are they embarassed if you pull out a yoyo around her / his friends? Do tell…

5 Likes

She doesn’t mind me throwing them.

She doesn’t like me making them.

7 Likes

Not to pry, but why? The machines and potential dangers?

2 Likes

She’s not impressed :sweat_smile:

But she condones of my hobby just as long as I’m not spending gobs of money on new yoyos.

She has a Gamer that she’ll throw around with me every once in a while

4 Likes

My girlfriend thinks it’s pretty cool, she likes to watch me do tricks, and I recently started teaching her tricks, and she has got zipper down pretty good! I let her use my Overthrow since it’s so big.

3 Likes

I’m still single but God I sure hope she’s fine with it. (she’ll be stuck with it)

8 Likes

Cool! I found an older Zipper tut but Andre has a more modernized one here. Not easy. Good for her!

2 Likes

If she’s truly right for you she will be cool with it!

2 Likes

Just the fact that it requires me to be out in the garage while she’s left inside with the kids.

4 Likes

My wife doesn’t mind me throwing in public. She’s not embarrassed by it.

She doesn’t like me spending money on them.

The sound of bearing yo-yos really irritates her at night, so I’ll often do fixed axle then.

She’ll get mad if I yo-yo when we’re supposed to be doing some project.

She’ll shove them out of sight, if I let them build up in shared spaces.

She likes when I teach the kids something with them.

12 Likes

I know this well. I often stay up till like one or two in the morning just to do my thing. Namely, string making

4 Likes

She absolutely loves them!

Then I woke up and realized I’m single…

21 Likes

Haha I’m in the same boat. My ex was indifferent though, which is how most people are after seeing it a few times.

4 Likes

My wife thinks that it is a neat skill. I don’t know that she’s particularly impressed by it, but she likes that it means something to me and enjoys the satisfaction I get out of it. She does think it’s cool to watch me try and teach our kids.

I suspect she finds the fact that we end up with yoyos slowly covering every horizontal surface to be slightly annoying.

8 Likes

That last bit is a given… :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I really hope my future girlfriend will be happy with yoyos. If she is not, then too bad so sad, because I’m not going to stop yoyoing because of a girl.

6 Likes

IMO, I don’t see any real reason to dislike as a SO (before living together) . Unless you’re constantly yoyoing and interfering with the time you spend with them, then there shouldn’t be problem. I don’t think it’s a good sign if they dislike yoyos or you being involved with them.

5 Likes

She thinks it’s neat but mostly likes because I enjoy it.

I do think she gets annoyed that my yoyo collection is “taking over the house.”

4 Likes

She tolerates it, and it’s certainly the cheapest of my hobbies (drums and photography).

4 Likes

The girlfriend I had always enjoyed it. I gave her 4-5 yoyos over the years. She learned how to throw, some of the basic tricks, and even gyroscopic flop in less than an hour or two.

5 Likes