Does your girlfriend or boyfriend yo-yo ? if you have one

hello fellow yo-yo players,

does anyone here have a girlfriend/boyfriend that also yo-yos?
I have a lover, we are started as friends in school, we are lovers for about 4 years now,( I think).:heart:
he does not yo-yo, but like the tricks, and seeing me happy when I’m yo-yoing.:slight_smile:
we are very happy together, supporting each other, and of course , LOVE each other.
I tried to learn him to yo-yo past summer, he liked it, maybe he tries again this summer, when outside.
but, a yo-yo player or not, I love him :heart:

8 Likes

My wife has tried binding a few times, but I don’t know if she wants to learn. I think I’ll try again with a responsive for her!

7 Likes

Nahh my SO doesn’t either, I don’t think they have any interest in trying themselves. She’s said she enjoys watching and very similarly, likes that it’s something that brings me enjoyment, and that’s fine, she has interest of her own that I might not be into myself but I show the same respect given and never put any of her interest down and support whatever it is. :smiley:

3 Likes

Same here. I’ve tried. But she doesn’t want to take on the challenge and time.

To her credit she is super busy.

5 Likes

Why do all women use that as an excuse?

1 Like

She legit is.

4 Likes

Wife played for 5 minutes twice in our 10 year relationship

15 Likes

Nope. Lol, well sort of… it’s complicated. She’s a full time mommy with three of our kiddos. Yoyo is pretty low on the list of “things she wants to do with her small windows of peaceful free time” haha

Every once in a blue moon she will pick up her gamer or harbinger and throw some sleepers/gravity pulls while I’m throwing. The kids each get a yoyo to play with too

5 Likes

Nope. Pretty alone right now BUT it’ll be something I show them, whoever they might be. Hopefully they don’t scratch my baby. :grimacing: Tis all in good fun.

3 Likes

That just described literally every yoyoer’s social life EVER.

5 Likes

My spouse doesn’t yoyo, but she tried to learn how to bind back when I got my very special yoyos in the mail. I don’t think she was into it.

For those who date, talk about yo-yoing -right away. See how it goes. :wink:

6 Likes

No. I don’t have any friends or co-workers who throw yoyos either.

This is why I need to come here to get my “yoyo talk” fix every day.

4 Likes

Nope my girlfriend doesn’t yoyo but she is happy enough for me to have it as a hobby

1 Like

You are a true Angel. I do wish my bride would give it a try. But some people won’t put the phone down no matter what.

2 Likes

Yup. I hear you

1 Like

My wife hates me for all the money I spend on yo-yo’s. Nothing about yo-yo makes any sense to her.

She does, however, put up with me.

6 Likes

Nah she’d rather just watch me - I’m with @YoyoGeezer on that note, my girl would flip if she knew how much money I’ve put towards this hobby :sob:

3 Likes

glad I’n not the only one :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve tried for while to get my wife to yoyo but she only says no no. She made this pouch for me though. It’s butt ugly but I love her so I love it.
20190301_045934~2

5 Likes