What does your spouse or girlfriend / boyfriend think of your yoyoing?

i dont have either so i just say ‘friends’

1. thats insane
  2. you bring a yoyo like everywhere
  3. what are you doing in your free time :thinking: (in a good way)

ahahah

2 Likes

I could buy a One Drop or a G2 for the cost of one or two dates. I’d probably choose one of those unless I really thought she was a keeper as in compatible in every way.

9 Likes

I nominate the above post for a yobel prize. :1st_place_medal:

7 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

My wife is cool with it so on 3 conditions.

1- I do not break her valuable trickets and glass ware that is displayed all over the place.
2- I do not hit her with it.
3- She does not see how much I spend or have spent, on yoyos.

Every now and then she finds out the cost of an expensive one (more than $300) and I get a slant eye from her for a second, but thats about as bad as it gets. She is glad that my yoyo hobby is stupid cheap compared to some of the others ive been fully immersed in since weve been together. Yoyos are a welcome reprieve in comparison.
Ive never hit her but had a couple close calls when she was walking by.

Ive also never broke any trinkets or glass (yet) so im doing pretty good for as many years as I have been in it. Other than 2 gashes in the ceiling from a silly throw that i missed my trapeze and my body freaked out and I yanked the string up after flailing away from it almost hitting my head, and flung a Tundra into the ceiling hard enough to gash it. The yoyo was fine btw, thanks for asking.

She doesnt play, but she does know how to bind and we have taken a dedicated vacation to Cleveland a couple years ago to go to worlds. Im lucky and I really love her. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My gf was actually the one that got me hooked on modern yoyos a few years back, so she can’t be mad haha! She won a cheap $.20 plastic yoyo from a fair - then after I played around and couldn’t sleep it for more than ten seconds, I bought a new throw online after seeing how much the industry had changed since the 90s…

Overall, I’m glad to say she supports my passion, especially that it’s cheaper than a few other hobbies. Plus she married me, so now she can’t say anything :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

My wife puts up with me and yoyos. But it Christmas, I bought each one of my granddaughters (I have 3) a yoyo. They come over Christmas morning for breakfast and I put on a beginning lesson on how to throw. We all had fun. My wife still doesn’t join in, but doesn’t seem to mind as much any more.

3 Likes

My gf doesn’t really give my yoyoing much thought (I don’t talk about it much), but I suppose when she does she thinks it is a quaint, harmless hobby. She has no idea how much I’ve spent on it though, and if she did, she would probably think I was going a tad overboard with it. Kinda like I did with electric guitars a decade ago.

7 Likes

What kind of yoyos?

1 Like

I think women like it if a man has hobbies.

1 Like

I probably have too many hobbies, as I tend to have a different hobby (or related variant of a previous hobby) every several months.

2 Likes

Imperial design.

1 Like

My girlfriend doesn’t mind me being into yoyoing at all, I think she can appreciate what I get from it even though it isn’t something she has any interest in. She does question why I need as many yoyos as I have though and I have to make sure I don’t play any with a noisy bearing around her.

2 Likes

That’s cool. Alot of guys just drink and watch TV and have no other interests at all. I am sure she appreciates you having a hobby that requires dedication and concentration.

3 Likes

Oh I drink a lot but one of my new year’s resolutions to is have a break from it for at least 6 months!

4 Likes

I don’t drink anymore.

But I don’t drink any less…

5 Likes

I just realized I have not had a drink in a few years. I guess I just never think about it much.

1 Like

You’ve got the question backwards, man.

And no, my yoyos didn’t approve of my ex.

5 Likes

My wife and I try to make life the best we can for each other. We are all about minimal drama. I support her interests and she mine. It’s just that simple for us. Love it! Yoyos are no drama.

She loves it when I teach yoyoing to kids and they leave with yoyos.

3 Likes

My yoyo thinks it’s cool.

6 Likes