What are you currently listening to?

2 Likes

Since the “Skinny Jeans” misunderstanding, I’m still reflecting on EMO. Last night I posted above The Anniversary’s Designing a Nervous Breakdown record which is awesome all the way through. Came across the Brief History of EMO and it references The Get Up Kids Something to Write Home About as being highly influential in the over all timeline of EMO, one of the tracks on that record Valentine has always been very sentential and I still can’t believe it never topped any charts as it is so heart felt, but it opens up wit the line “Words you forget to Anniversary Songs” to bring it full circle. Nerdy fact ,The Anniversary actually opened for the Get Up Kids on this Album Tour… and then Napster took over the way music was consumed and a lot of us became obsessed with MP3 catalogs, instead of just listening to full albums.

3 Likes

Emo was a term created by an album reviewer for Thrasher magazine in 1986. He described this album as “emo” hardcore. Ian MacKaye the singer was not happy with the word because he considered all hardcore emotional. 37 years later and “emo” is now hair and fashion styles (and music genre). That record reviewer probably regrets using the word emo.

Edit: watched the vid but couldn’t before. It got it pretty right.

2 Likes

“Never mind what’s been selling, It’s what you’re buying”
Always been a Fugazi and fan of all of Ian MacKaye’s projects, including all of the orher Dischord bands

This is another good timeline of Emo documentary.

1 Like

Lemon Demon for life baby! I can’t access YouTube at the time, so no links, but some of my favs are Modify (coincidentally my all time favorite song), My Trains, and Touch Tone Telephone! Another band I adore is Tally Hall, especially a lot of their songs in Good & Evil (Like Turn the Lights Off, &, and cCannibal)

1 Like
2 Likes
6 Likes

The guitar solo into the last chorus… :fire:

3 Likes

The sweet sound of frying tacos……

5 Likes

King Crimson’s Beat. Getting ready for the documentary. Finally got some showings in my area, very excited for it!!! Neurotica hits heavy.

1 Like

King Gizzard’s new album The Silver Cord is heavily in the electronic realm this time. Evil heavy psych dance(???I think) I love the extended edition! The title track turns into DNB!!! Good stuff.

1 Like

I’m trying to listen to songs I haven’t before

Lake street dive is SOOO good. I got into them when Bad Self Portraits released and they’ve been comfort music ever since <3

Happy Halloween everyone

1 Like

Hey hey!! Local favorite! Joe is a super cool dude!

whole album

1 Like

I’ve been listening to pink Floyd animals

6 Likes

epolis song list goes crazy, this is club musik is so good

3 Likes

For those who have a collection of vintage calculators.

2 Likes

I was listening to an interview with Mark Mothersbaugh and he mentioned Captain Beefheart. I picked an album at random listen to and this was the first song:

6 Likes