Vs. Newton YoYo Concepts: Andrew Maider wins MA States!

Thanks for the moral advice. From now on, I’ll double-check with you before I do or say anything. I guess I’m just a bad person with no sense of humor, while surely you must be a saint and hilarious, unambiguous and inoffensive every time you crack a joke. I need your help, so glad you spotted that before I had to ask.

1 Like

Whether Heath replies today or not, he’s crossed way too many lines. He hasn’t lived up to any of his deadlines. The continued silence we are receiving only build our suspicions even more and will, eventually, confirm it. Although the receipt is important, it still isn’t enough to give him back his reputation. His team bailing on him just provides more signs. Heath is no longer the “honest guy who makes awesome yo-yos”. Now, he is just a guy that makes good yoyos. He’s still the guy that hides behind his company’s name to save him.

If Heath doesn’t respond soon I’ll be making a post regarding the conversation I had with him. I still have hopes that he’ll make the post himself.

Sounds good. Thanks.

First off I really appreciate the support, but drama is not exactly what i’m looking for right now. Id like to make it clear that Heath has never wronged me personally. That being said it was very hard for us to have to separate ourselves from the company and by company i mean family. The thing i enjoyed the most about newton was that I could call up Jesse, Andrew, or Heath whenever. Heath called up each one of us individually and gave us some information. He requested that i not post anything about the conversation and that he was going to make this out in the open. Out of respect for everything that Heath has done for me I will not be posting about our conversation.

I just want everyone to know that I had an amazing time with Newton and Im pretty upset that it has come to this. If you liked one of our products, please dont damage it out of anger. Im guessing that yoyo gave you some enjoyment at one point or another. If you feel disgusted by it, Pass it on to someone who doesnt have a yoyo, or who is willing to learn.

Thank you for your support,

signed, The Former Vs Newton Contest team

2 Likes

Just received a text from Heath. Said he’ll have a post up in the next 30 minutes.

Looking forward to hearing how he explains this. ::slight_smile:

1 Like

right

Hopefully he just lays out the facts and does not try to excuse anything. A “No Excuses” explanation and heartfelt apology for wrongdoing (If this is a misunderstanding, then an apology at the very least for the lack of information) should be made. I don’t think this will make it any better, but it is a start.

as promised to vegabomb after last nights chat.

here is the receipt of 2nd payment (a physical copy is being sent to my address as well)

as for the rest, I am sure most of you have come to the conclusion that it has not yet been paid. as a result, i have stepped out of the yoyo making scene and have devoted my time to correcting this injustice. I have been job searching and looking to take out a loan to cover all damages. I am keeping touch with members of the forum to verify this (vegabomb and CJ as well as others). i am of course open to widening this list.

Sorry doesn’t cover it. i know it doesn’t. i have wronged the community in a way i know is unforgivable and acknowledge that i will more than likely be hated for the rest of the foreseeable future. i never intended for it to be this way. i have let down a lot of people and allowed my ignorance to turn what was supposed to be a great thing into a nightmare. im not asking for forgiveness. i am asking for you to let me fix this. i have already disbanded my team and am selling what i can to a friend. i will post updates as i get them as soon as i get them, and expect those i keep touch with to do the same.

1 Like

The photo isn’t working for me, anyone else?

edit; works now!

Make sure to claim this on YOUR tax return Heath. You know since its in your name an all. :-/

Heath,
I can not speak for everyone but I don’t think that taking out a loan to make a payment on a donation is something that is needed or demanded. Take the time to make it right without putting yourself in a position of credit debt.

Thank you for coming forward. I am diapointed, and confused.
I don’t understand what led to this or how you got in this situation, but I am glad you spoke about it.

Retracted - you lied in you apology of a lie? I am out of grace for you sir.

2 Likes

The photo works fine for me Blake. It is a receipt for $1,150.

Heath, I hate to be the one to say this. If this is the only payment you have made so far then it can’t be the second payment. If there was another payment then that receipt needs to be posted as well. Without the evidence then you are still in the red for close to $3,000 of unaccounted for donations. At his point it is in your best interest to give full disclosure of where the money went. A sum of money that large opens you up to grand larceny charges in the state of Louisiana and possible Federal Wire Fraud charges due to money crossing state lines.

Lol. I knew that if he brought anything to the table it would be a very recent receipt. What a joke.

1 Like

For clarity, the receipt in the picture is the only donation made. The rest of the money was spent, not donated.

2 Likes

I think he’s strongly implying that there was no other payment. In fact, I think he’s saying that. There’s another 3 grand that has been misused or misplaced. Where that went is still a mystery and I think that’s kind of what everyone is interested in knowing about.

Such a disappointing situation all around :frowning: I’ve only met Heath in person on a couple of occasions, and he was nothing but nice to me. Heath, thanks for coming forward. I don’t know what happened in your life to cause this, as I only know about this from reading this thread over the last week or so. Your post, despite it being VERY late, is appreciated by everyone I’m sure because it now sheds some light on what has been merely speculation for some time. Sadly, some of this speculation has been confirmed. Your intentions were admirable, but what has transpired is reprehensible. I can only assume that a series of bad decisions led to this, as it is hard to swallow that someone would deliberately do this out of ill intent, but intentional or not this is a crime. It is hard for me to believe, Heath, that you didn’t consider the potential consequences for your actions during any step that led to this. While I do truly appreciate your intent to correct this and the steps you claimed to have made in attempt to get the ball rolling in the right direction, I don’t want the gravity of this to be lost. This community is a very welcoming, trusting, community, and what you did has absolutely no place in it, or anywhere else for that matter. I have to say that I hope you are held accountable for this in more ways than just having to be accountable to the moderators and keep us informed.

He just said it wasn’t all the money dude. I dont think it makes up for the mess but its a start. I dont wish jail or criminal repercussions on this matter but im sure some do. Im still a vsnyyc fan because betrayal or not I LOVE THERE YOYOS AND THERE ONE OF THE MAIN REASONS I BEGAN YOYOING AGAIN. I dont hate you Heath. This is all unfortunate and things could of been handled better and in a timely manor but I will aways cherish my vsnyyc collection and it will continue to grow even if there isn’t new yoyos to come. Skywalkers always have a permanent spot in my case. Like I said on Facebook I hope you take care and I dont wish anything bad on you.

I don’t care that the donation was made recently. I’m just glad it was made. I know Heath’s probably doing his best to work this out. I haven’t been physically affected by this but I feel very strongly for it to be resolved. I personally think that Heath is probably a good guy, but just has a few problems and kinks to work out. We all make mistakes. it’s inhuman not to. Therefore I think it’s wrong to be so decisively negative on something that we don’t even fully understand. I know what he has done is wrong, but i can move past it if he’s willing to right all his wrongs. That’s one thing they don’t teach kids enough these days: learn to forgive. everyone makes mistakes. it’s the ones who fix them that deserve forgiveness.

just my two cents.

1 Like