vs. Newton YoYo Concepts Sky Walker (D-Bearing)

Hello, all! I’m here to review this upcoming yo-yo from VsNYYC.
Enjoy!

I don’t think I’ll post pictures, just because it’s the same thing as the OG Sky Walker, with a smaller bearing, and mine is unanodized anyways. If you don’t know what a Sky Walker looks like, there is a page for it in the YYE store.

Looks:
-Looks like a Sky Walker with a smaller bearing.
-Mine is a raw b-grade, so it didn’t get sent of to blasting/ano. So it just looks raw.
-Attractive lines, and minimalistic cup, exactly like the Sky Walker.

Feel in the hand:
-Exactly like a Sky Walker. Same shape.
-Mine is raw and unblasted, so mine would not reflect a production run piece in the aspect of finish.
-Has a good heft to it, just like the Sky Walker.
-It has flat rims. I know this is a deal breaker for some people. This is merely a preference. I like them.

On a throw:
-Dead unresponsive right out of the box.
-Hits the bottom of the string a bit harder than a Sky Walker. Think: Werrd Irony(ish).
-Not as “darty” as the Sky Walker. More of a mellow, easy-going play.
-You can still push it as fast as you need it to go. Think: Battosai.
-Feels a lot more “solid” or “hefty” than the Sky Walker.
-The spin quality feels stronger and faster (maybe because of the bearing?), and I never find myself having to stop mid-combo to bind.
-In a weird way, it feels like it knows what it has to do, and does everything it can to do it.
-I find off-axis play to be a bit more difficult than with a Sky Walker, maybe due to the change in play feel (solid, mellow).

Misc:
-Pretty smooth. It has that “Sky Walker Vibe”, but nothing you can feel during play. Once again, mine is a b-grade, so it has imperfections.
-Not the best for off-axis, but it still gets the job done.
-It has a really nice bearing noise to it (i dunno. I like the different bearing sounds.)
-It has very SLIGHT kickback. Barely noticeable, but it’s there. Once again, somewhat like the Irony.
-For me, the play of it tends to be good for chopsticks style tricks.
-It’s a little harder to bind due to the gap being a bit wider. It binds like a YYF, so whatever you do to bind a YYF, do with this.
-There is a TINY IGR. So, thumb grinds will work if you give it a little tilt.

Summary:
If you like the Sky Walker, buy it. If you didn’t quite like the Sky Walker, it’s different enough for you to like, so buy it. Even though it’s just a change in bearing size, the play is quite noticeable, and I must say that I might even like it a bit more than my favorite yo-yo; the Sky Walker. Heath has a history of hitting home runs with his designs, ever since the first release of the Sky Walker at BAC 2 years ago, and this yo-yo definitely follows suit.

9.5/10 Would buy again.

glad that you liked it :slight_smile:

reminder: Sky Walker vibe=peak vibe and was only present in the 1st run/b grade 2nd run

My First Run “The Works” Skywalker is dead smooth! God Bless - Moefv

bumped because people keep asking for a review :stuck_out_tongue:

Heath, the first run “the works” skywalker you sent me is also dead smooth. It had a minimum vibe at first, but then i replaced the bearing for a kk and it became perfect.