The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

@have_a_fun_yoyo (aka @44nollie) Yoshinori Kawamura is at it again with some #modernresponsive

I think you’re right

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTR3uaMBQd5/

3 Likes

@bheinz63 straight hooked it up. Thanks man!! Really excited to get the weekender in tiptop shape

8 Likes

Hell yeah man!! Super glad everything got there ok! Let me know how the response pad change works out for you!

1 Like

Such a difference! Super fun and playful. Appreciate it man thank you👍

1 Like

As seen on Fixed Axle Friday Throws a couple of tricks on a SF era No Jive Mandala. The Double or Nothing Bro Stall Flip was kind of inspired by the @have_a_fun_yoyo repeater above, implementing some Yonomoicon philosophy on a trick I do a lot already in my daily 0A combos. Since there isn’t much wrap on the stall, using a pump helps get it around and back to the hand. Its always fun to do new tricks on old yoyos.

10 Likes

Hey fam! What is the new hotness in the wooden world? We still all giggly for TMBR and Spinworthy? (I know I am) @vegabomb Cavemen Go seem to have permeated a little. Or maybe a new player? Need to appease my Yoyo Acquisition Disorder.

2 Likes

Get a lathe and go through this thread and make your own custom fixed axle! I made some that somehow turned out to play amazing (and some that suck too)

7 Likes

Some of those you didn’t make… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Spinworthy is still my favorite.

3 Likes

I humored this idea a couple of years ago. A toddler, a pandemic, and a short attention span talked me out of it.

2 Likes

I think you threw one in a package you sent me. It’s on my everyday throw shelf. It’s a little lighter than I prefer but it’s a real nice player!

2 Likes

TMBR is my favorite, I just love what Colin does. I got a This-a-way-that-a-way recently and have been playing that the most.

I’ve been told about some new fixed axles that are being worked on by others, should be some cool stuff coming out in the future.

1 Like

I’ve sent out a few in packages as extras. They’re the ones I didn’t like as much, so thanks for helping me declutter :joy:

5 Likes

Does anyone else prefer their XT’s capless? I really enjoy the look and weight of it.

5 Likes

Yea.

5 Likes

Woah, how did you do that?

Take the yoyo apart and push the axle into a hard surface and it’ll push the flat end of the axle into the cap and pop it off. For the other side, screw just the axle into the nut and push. It may require a lot of force. Mine did.

1 Like

Captured a fun stall repeater with a Pro-Fly that I like to call Bro Zines. Definitely inspired by @drewtetz Makin Da Zines but doing it frontside to Bro, these are fun to do like Paddle Ball as a never ending repeater and very hypnotic, I could do these all day.

@edhaponik doing Makin Da Zines for reference

11 Likes

Ah man I just got good at makin da zines, now I gotta learn bro zines. Dope :+1:

4 Likes

Keeping it fresh with an interpretation of a classic. Looks fun, I have to do this. Repeaters are the best :grin:

3 Likes

Just landed my first one-hand kickflip. Only one around to see was my 4yo who could not have been less interested. Feels good.

12 Likes