The 0A Thread (Fixed Axle & Modern Responsive)

Loops, Shoot The Moon, Lunar Landings, Back Hand Balance, Side Winder to Lunar, Texas Cowboy, Rattlesnake, Warp Drive

7 Likes

Hit a shoot the moon for my first time last night, probably just a fluke cuz I only hit the one, but it felt good lol

7 Likes

So I just got a weekender.

And I feel like it’ needs a little tune up. It looses speed faaast and doesn’t respond. I’m using sochi T string and the bearing doesn’t spin when I flick it. The bearing shield seems damaged but I don’t think it affects play but nor sure. Will post pics when I can should I clean bearing and relube with thick lube? Is there something else I can do?

8 Likes

@DocPop usually packs the bearing full of grease, so I would think this is normal.

This is not normal though. Usually a well lubed Weekender is highly responsive.

Can we see some bearing pics?

4 Likes

Could be that your bearing has gone bad, though that’s rare for this type of bearing. Like @TheThrowingGnome mentioned, I do ship these with a lot of lube in them. That keeps these things super snappy, but will make the yo-yo lose spin faster. Playing the yo-yo more will break it in and remove some of that lube, but I’m not sure that’s the issue if you are saying it’s response isn’t that great. If you have another A bearing around, I’d suggest putting it in and seeing how it feels.

2 Likes

Some of the Kickstarter Backer splashes shipped with Chaz pads instead of CoreCo Pinks, might need to see some pics. Also you might want to try a grippier string like Slick-6 50/50, as nylons can be slippery.

1 Like

if you look really hard you can see the dmg to the shield like the shield was tried to be removed but couldn’t. These are the pads I don’t know what they are… I also don’t want to pay 15$ shipping for 3$ pads… :neutral_face:

1 Like

Those are chaz pads, which are great, but for 0a CoreCo pads will make an enormous difference. Especially on a light throw like the Weekender it’d be night and day in terms of response.

4 Likes

Yea I have to really hurl it down for it to respond normal

1 Like

That doesn’t sound right at all, I dont even really throw my Weekender most of the time. I just kinda let gravity do its thing and its really snappy. I have a few sets of core co pads, where are you located that shipping is $15?

1 Like

Japan. But thats normal Intl shipping rate from businesses… pads would easily fit in normal posting envelope :grin:
Someone willing to send me 2 sets normal postage?

1 Like

I’d be happy to!

1 Like

Sweet! I will send you a pm here in a little thanks dude

1 Like

I have a deep state and usually use thick lube, but would car bearing grease make it better for responsive fixed axle style stalls and tricks? Or just stay with thick lube?

I like thick lube in mine. It plays fine for that stuff. I use the SuperLube grease.

1 Like

I personally used silicone grease in mine. The “heavy lube” that one drop claims they ship it with was basically unresponsive for me. Not sure how thick lube plays compared to grease, but with grease its really predictably responsive. Not as ‘snappy’ as my A-bearing throws, but reliable and predictable.

1 Like

yes. bike grease, RC car grease or lithium grease works wonders on bearing responsives.

2 Likes

Did anyone else pick up on the @sakatuca #thingsthatrepeat modern responsive repeater that @have_a_fun_yoyo (aka @44nollie) Yoshinori Kawamura is doing?

6 Likes

Thats a nice combo, gonna have to give it a go…

Looks like he’s using a ButterflyXT worlds edition.

1 Like

I could be wrong

5 Likes