Markmont Dragon Strings: Cumulous Foam

Wait! Hold on!!

/puts sunglasses on…

Oh! Pretty! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been putting some time in on my cumulous foam sample and I really like how different it is (for poly) from a standard bulk poly string. Very different type of source thread.

9 Likes

65 is now available on Markmont. Shop - thank you for your patience : D

65 is Andre Boulays personal favorite formula in the line and favorite string in the game period. You all should be more like Andre and try 65 : P

9 Likes

Do you happen to know what Type of Finish the Throws will have? Really really like the older matte? Feel on the MMC

1 Like

The original finish unfortunately is donzo. We had to switch anodizers due to inconsistency and now have a standard pyramatte finish.

I totally dig the previous blasting finish as well, we put a lot of work into concepting that and figuring out how to be able to do it with no string breaks. But also yes, I will say that the playability of pyramatte is rraatthheerrr nice. Theres a marginal ‘more’ slickness that you can feel when throwing now that gives you a bit more smoothness and ‘move’.

9 Likes

What’s the lifespan of Dragon and Cumulus Foam? I see that some of your strings mention a lifespan in the description but others don’t. I’ve never been one to buy boutique string and wash/reuse, but I’m looking forward to trying your formulas. I just placed an order actually! :wink: @Markmont

4 Likes

I can’t speak for the Cumulus just yet, but I’ve gotten over a year on a single DRAGON.

8 Likes

That scares me, but I am impressed. lol. When you’re reusing a string, do you just regularly check for fraying after a wash? Curious how you fancy string re-users decide that a string is no longer viable other than it just not feeling fresh any more.

1 Like

Cumulus, Dragon, and Draken will last ages, the others not so much, still longer than most boutiques but nowhere near those 3.

I’ve definitely put close to 50 hours on my one cumulus by now and it’s still going strong

8 Likes

Lifespan on Cumulus Foam, Draken and DRAGON is 1+ year. The washing doesn’t fray the string in any super noticeable way, it cleans the fibers and brings it back to life. People generally wash theres when they get overly dirty. Some have stretched the use of a single DRAGON to 2 - 3+ years.

8 Likes

Nutty. Really looking forward to giving it a shot. I’ve got a sample pack and some extra Cumulus on order. Thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

So what’s your verdict good sir?

2 Likes

I haven’t tried all of the Sample Pack yet. I’m a bit torn between the Dragon and the Cumulus. I think both have their place, but my go-to of the two is probably the Cumulus. Verdict?

I must say… this is the first boutique string that has legitimately made me considering buying more. So you’ve got yourself a winner sir. :wink:

I’ve been playing with a Cumulus on and off for a couple weeks and have swapped it to 4 or 5 different throws by now. Replacing it hasn’t even crossed my mind yet. I can see why people have gotten a year out of them. It might be time for a wash, but it’s definitely performing just as well as it did when it was fresh. I will certainly be keeping a stash of this stuff around for when I’m feeling fancy.

You might’ve sabotaged your own business though. I’ve got like 10 of these strings. It’ll be a decade before I ever need to order from you again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Hah BET - rrreeeaaalll glad you dig man - and yes I agree, I have certainly sabotaged my sales by it’s lifeline LOL

5 Likes

Hey Markmont, first things first: I’ve played my Markmont Classic every day since it arrived, and at this point would consider swapping the OD flat for anything other than a replacement OD flat utter blasphemy :grin: So, knowing your dedication to quality regarding anything that bears your namesake, I’m interested to try these strings of yours. My only question is where can I get my hands on some?

5 Likes

Preciate you good sir - right here

2 Likes

To note - just updated the shop with ‘long’ string purchase options on all string formulas. Also now have the option to buy individual strings as well. A few folks were requesting long strings so we now have 58" for you tall folks.

Enjoy.

6 Likes

When are the new formulas coming out?

Been slammed but hopefully sometime this week if I can get around to shooting the product shots. HOWEVER if you want any of the new formulas ahead of launch, you can DM me and I can populate a custom order.

To anyone needing a bit of guidance on ‘which’ formula you wanna try, also feel free to DM me and I can consult on which formulas will fit you best based on your needs.

insert black thumbs up

5 Likes

Longer than the standard?!? I’m 6’5" and play long strings, but still cut a good 4-6" off of any of the Formulas :joy:

2 Likes